Full Day Tour From Hanoi: Bai Dinh Pagoda & Trang An Boating
Journey through the ancient landscapes of Bái Đính and Tràng An on a full-day tour from Hanoi. Visit the largest pagoda temple complex in South East Asia and row up to the grottoes of Tràng An aboard a traditional sampan.
-Immerse yourself in the limestone karst formations of Dinh Mountain
-Explore the largest pagoda temple complex in Vietnam
-Ride up to the grottoes of Tràng An by traditional sampan
-Cycle along the banks of the canals on rural roads
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 bottles of water per person on bus, water after cycling
- Pick-up from hotel/ accommodation in the Hanoi Old Quarter.
- All entrance fees indicated in our itinerary.
- A buffet lunch with Vietnamese dishes.
- English speaking guide during the trip.
- Round trip transfer by comfortable Bus Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hanoi.
- Entry/Admission - Bai Dinh Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Pick up from hotel/ stay outside Old Quarter of Hanoi.
- All not indicated in our itinerary.
- Beverages, travel insurance & tax.
- Tips for local boat rower, tour guide and personal expenses.
- Cycling * (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bai Dinh Pagoda, Gia Vien District, Gia Sinh Vietnam
08:00 – 08:30 – Our guide will meet you at your hotel/stay and start 100km modern bus-journey through verdant landscape of countryside, short-break en route.
11:00 – Arrive Bai Dinh pagoda complex, get on electric cars to visit massive architecture: 500 stone statues of Arhats; Bell tower with 27 tons and 36 tons bronze bell; Golden statue of Goddess of Mercy, walk up summit mountain where 100 tones in weight – 10 meter in hights bronze statue of Bhudda Sakyamuni located. Amazing views, sacred atmospheres and intriguing Buddhism story presented by our insider guide, you cannot fail to enchant.
13:00 – Enjoy a lavish buffet lunch in a local restaurant
14:00 – Embark on a 2 hours – sampan boat in Trang An – A spectacular labyrinth of mirrored waters studded with towering, jungle-clad limestone outcrops. Gently rowed down the exquisite river through numerous caves : Hang Toi, 320 meter long, Sang cave, 90 meter long, and Hang Nau Ruou, 250 meter long… Every passages bring new surprise of mystery hidden inside isolated valleys of tranquility that likely transformed to another world and time.
16:15 – Leisure cycling on rural roads alongside the extensive canal network and through small villages with backdrops of a maze of limestone mountains
17:30 – Get on shuttle bus to return to Hanoi
20:00 – Drop off at your hotel/ accommodation’s door steps in Hanoi Old Quarter. Trip ends.
Duration: 12 hours
Stop At: Trang An Grottoes, H Hai Ba Trung district, Ninh Binh 100000 Vietnam
Situated near the southern margin of the Red River Delta, the Trang An Landscape Complex is a spectacular landscape of limestone karst peaks permeated with valleys, many of them partly submerged and surrounded by steep, almost vertical cliffs. Exploration of caves at different altitudes has revealed archaeological traces of human activity over a continuous period of more than 30,000 years. They illustrate the occupation of these mountains by seasonal hunter-gatherers and how they adapted to major climatic and environmental changes, especially the repeated inundation of the landscape by the sea after the last ice age. The story of human occupation continues through the Neolithic and Bronze Ages to the historical era. Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Viet Nam, was strategically established here in the 10th and 11th centuries AD. The property also contains temples, pagodas, paddy-fields and small villages.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Hanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.