Full-Day Tour: Houtong Cycling and Jiufen
Travel by bike along a railway track turned cycling route, through caves, past rivers, and into villages. After cyling, visit the old streets of Jiufen.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- hotel(Taipei downtown) or Meet point pickup/drop-off
- Cycling guide
- Entry/Admission - Houtong Coal-Mine Ecological Park
What's excluded :
- Food and Drink (unless specified)
- Meet your guide at a designated location around 8:30am. Then head to Houtong Coal-Mine Ecological Park, where your cycling tour begins. As you ride through tunnels and past the Houtong railway station, your guide will tell you about the history of the trail. Stop at SanChaoLing, where you can explore caves along the river and see lots of birds, including egrets. Birds, insects, and the whistle of distant trains combine in a beautiful cacophony of sound, mesmerizing you for a moment before you head back on the trail.
Head further into SanChaoLing Village, where you can rest at the edge of the railway tunnel and watch painted trains speed past.
Next, bike to the Houtong Railway Station, passing through three tunnels on the way. Enjoy a local lunch like noodles or rice, which you can purchase at the station. Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while watching hundreds of cats climb along a sky bridge. Visit Cat Village, where you can learn about why these cats have congregated here.
After cycling, visit Jiufen, where you can walk the old streets and look for souvenirs, or try local snacks. You have about an hour on your own to enjoy the city, before you're transported back to your hotel in Taipei.
Departure Point :Your hotel(Taipei downtown) or Taipei Metro(Blue line)Zhongxiao Xinsheng Exit No.2
Departure Time :8:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
- A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.