Full day tour of Srinagar with Entrance Fee, Guide & Lunch
On this full-day tour explore Srinagar, the northern-most city of India. A city of lakes surrounded by the Himalayas, Srinagar has several miles of beautifully laid Mughal style Gardens, a 7th century temple and a 14th century mosque to visit. The whole city is centered around the placid waters of the Dal Lake. The numerous houseboats (shikaras) on the lake and the floating vegetable markets are a sight to behold.
• Views from Shankaracharya hill
• Mughal Gardens
• Dal Lake
• Jama Masjid mosque
• Carpet Weaving Center
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shankaracharya Hill, Srinagar India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to the top of Shankaracharya Hill located on the Zabarwan mountains. The hill offers a stunning perspective from the highest point of Srinagar. On the hill is a temple dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva that dates back to the 2nd century B.C. It is now named after the sage, Adi Shankara, who attained enlightenment here in 750 A.D.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mughal Gardens, Srinagar India
Next visit the magnificent Mughal Gardens that overlook the Dal Lake. They are part of the series of elaborate gardens that were laid out by Mughal Emperors over the centuries. With their unmistakable terraces and central channel of fountains, these gardens have been described to be as close to paradise as possible. Visit all 3 Mughal Gardens - Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Gardens and Chashmashahi Garden.
After a visit to the gardens, stop for lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch visit a Carpet Weaving Center followed by a visit to a Lacquer Center.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jama Masjid Mosque, Nowhatta, Srinagar India
Next drive to the old part of Srinagar and visit the 14th century Jama Masjid mosque. The mosque has a very unique exterior that resembles the Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. This huge brick and wood mosque can accommodate 30,000 people inside its central hall and another 70,000 in the outer corridors. It has a splendid set of 370 wooden columns, each of which has been chiselled out from the trunk of a single cedar tree.
Afterwards stroll through the local bazaar and the spice market where you can take in the sights and smells of shops laden with colorful spices.
At the end of the tour you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Srinagar, Srinagar, Srinagar District, Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Srinagar Airport, Srinagar India
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Warm clothes are recommended during winters.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.