Full-Day Tour to Cahuita National Park from Puerto Limon
Experience the tropical rainforest beauty, the beach and the canals with this full-day excursion tour with a professional guide and have an enjoyable time on the Caribbean coast. The tour starts in Puerto Limon where you can enjoy a scenic view of the town, learn about its history and take a boat ride through the Canals of Tortuguero. The tour also stops beside a banana plantation so you can taste some delicious tropical fruit, and visit Cahuita National Park. An air-conditioned minivan will be available for port pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Bottled water and juice
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Fruit tasting
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tortuguero Canal
- Entry/Admission - Frutería El Almendro
- Entry/Admission - Cahuita National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Puerto Limon, Puerto Limon, Province of Limon
Enjoy a brief city tour around Limon's town, where your guide will share some of the culture and history of this port. You will also visit a viewpoint, a great opportunity to take a panoramic picture of the town and the ship docks.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tortuguero Canal Terminal de Cruceros Japdeva Cruise Terminal, Puerto Limon 70101 Costa Rica
Enjoy one and a half hours of cruising across the Tortuguero Canals in a covered boat. Your tour guide will point you to the plants and animals in the area, and get you to know more of the region's rich biodiversity.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Frutería El Almendro, sobre carretera, Limón, Río Banano, Costa Rica
Learn more about tropical plants and their fruits. See the actual plants and trees, and also have some samples of these delicious fruits at a rustic fruit stand before heading on to Cahuita National Park. If you feel like shopping, you can also visit the contiguous souvenir shop.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: FINCA COMENDADOR, Limón, Penshurt, Costa Rica
Bananas are a big part of Costa Rican economy and a big activity in Puerto Limon. Stop beside Chiquita's banana plantation to learn about cultivating, harvesting and shipping the fruit. Please note: we will not be allowed in the processing plant because of regulations.
Duration: 12 minutes
Stop At: Cahuita National Park, Cahuita Costa Rica
Enjoy a 1 hour hike across the beautiful Cahuita National Park along with your guide. You'll have a chance to see even more animals and exotic plants. With nice weather conditions, you can also enjoy the beach which runs parallel to the trail.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mas X Menos, Calle 3, Limón, Costa Rica
A short stop by a local grocery store, where you can purchase Costa Rican coffee or other goods at fair prices if you want to, and can also learn about the general cost of living in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Terminal Hernan Garron Salazar - JAPDEVA, Principio de la ruta 32,, Limón, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are a cruise ship passenger, we recommend to meet us as soon as possible after your ship arrives and you have permission to get off the ship. You will find us outside the cruise ship terminal exit gates, which will be 150 - 350 meters (160 - 380 yards) away depending on your ship's size, for most ships it is just 150 meters (160 yards). Look for our sign with the logo RELAX DAY TOURS. We will send you more details and a clarification image through Viator's messenger, please read it. If not a cruise ship passenger, we will coordinate with you through Viator's messenger.Ports
- Terminal Hernán Garrón Salazar, Limon, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/1/2021 - 6/1/2022
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Comfortable dress code recommended
- Bring rainwear as the weather is very variable
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.