Full-Day Tour to Petra from Amman with Optional Guide
Depart Amman to Petra that is located 140 miles (225 kilometers) south of Amman. Petra once dominated the trade routes of ancient Arabia. Your visit to this hauntingly beautiful place begins with a walk through the Siq, a narrow path that was once the main entrance to the city. An impressively long, deep and narrow gorge of stunning natural beauty, the Siq is hemmed in by cliffs soaring up to 263 feet (80 meters), and measures three-quarters of a mile (1.2 kilometers).
per adult from
8 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking driver
- Transportation (hotel pickup and Drop-off, air-conditioned vehicle, on-board WiFi, Fuel Surcharge
- Bottled water inside the Car
What's excluded :
- Meals, Gratuities, Local guide at site, Personal Expenses
- Entry Fees to Sites
- Entry/Admission - Siq
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siq, Petra - Wadi Musa Jordan
You will depart from your hotel in Amman and set off on the Desert Highway for a 3.5-hour drive south to Petra in an air-conditioned vehicle. You will have the opportunity to stop and take a break en-route.
Once you have arrived in Petra you will be taken to the Visitor Center where a guide can be arranged ( If Selected ). After your ticket purchase, the tour of Petra begins. You will enter through the Siq where your tour guide (if purchased) will explain the history of Petra. It is advised to stay close to your guide to capture the details of the fascinating history of the Nabateans who built the city out of rocks. You will then continue walking a further kilometre down into the Siq where you will come across the Treasury.
You will have the opportunity to rest, eat, drink, and use the facilities whilst in Petra, just inform your guide, or converse with the friendly locals. You will then return through the Siq back to the Visitor Center where you will meet your driver for your 3.5-hour journey back to Amman.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup Point: Your hotel in AmmanThe driver will be at the lobby holding a signboard with the guest nameReturn point: Returns to the original departure point or Amman Airport
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.