Full-Day Tour to Zaghouan from Tunis
Depart from Tunis and visit the aqueduct (13 mi/22 km from Tunis). Sitting at a height of 984 ft/300 m on Jebel Zaghouan,
Proceed to Zaghouan, the site where Hamilcar (father of Hannibal) defeated the mercenaries rebelling against Carthage after the first Punic war. Carthage was defeated by the Romans in 241 B.C. and was forced to pay a heavy war tribute to Rome. Visit the Temple des Eaux. This once grand semi-round temple is built close to the city, over the springs of Zaghouan. It might have been constructed around the time when the Emperor Hadrian ordered the building of the aqueducts to Carthage. Its main room above the spring was, without doubt, dedicated to one of the many gods of water.
After Lunch, departure for a stroll through Zaghouan’s charming old quarter. The narrow streets and the architecture testify to the Andalucian influence on the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - L'aqueduc de Zaghouan
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: L'aqueduc de Zaghouan, Zaghouan Tunisia
The aqueduct (13 mi/22 km from Tunis). Sitting at a height of 984 ft/300 m on Jebel Zaghouan, a subterranean spring burst from the rock into the aqueduct originating here. Later this section converges with another aqueduct coming from Jougar. Together they flow 76 mi/123 km to the immense cisterns of Maalga in Carthage.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: El Hana International, 49 Avenue Habib Bourguiba, Tunis 1015, Tunisia
2: Dar El Marsa Hotel & Spa, 75 Avenue Habib Bourguiba, Marsa 2078, Tunisia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.