Full Day Trip from Belgrade: Drina River House & Sargan 8 Train + Wooden City
Explore spectacular nature of west Serbia while enjoying a railroad ride of a lifetime in a 90 years old steam-engine "Nostalgia", hear the unbelievable story behind Drina River House and step into the charming wooden town where the life is a miracle!
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off
- Professional English-Speaking guide
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Special gift (souvenir) from the company
- Entry/Admission - Nature Park Mokra Gora
- Entry/Admission - Kustendorf
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gate of Podrinje, Ovcinja bb Zarozje, Bajina Basta 31250 Serbia
The tour starts at 7 a.m. from your accommodation in Belgrade. During our 2 hours and 30 minutes drive through awe-inspiring western Serbia and on our way to our first destination - Bajina Basta, we will make one short stop in order for you to take memorable pictures from the viewpoint called "The Gate of Podrinje" which represents the entrance to the magical Drina River Valley.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Drina River House, River Drina, Bajina Basta Serbia
Bajina Basta, small town located on the foothill of Tara Mountain with its unique attraction "House on the rock in the middle of the Drina River" is our first stop. The image of this unusual attraction was posted on a cover of National Geographic magazine.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Nature Park Mokra Gora, Mokra Gora Serbia
Afterwards the tour proceeds to the main jewel of the tour, Mokra Gora Railway Station, from where you will start Sargan 8 railroad ride. Authentic cars with wooden seats will take you back to 1925. when this railroad was connecting Belgrade with Adriatic Sea. On a 15 km long ride, train "Nostalgia" will pass through 22 tunnels, over 5 bridges and will overcome the altitude difference of 300m. Also it will stop at lookout platforms in order for the passengers to take memorable images of nature in west Serbia. The longest stop will be at Jatare Station, where you will climb the cliff to the observation platform offering splendid panoramic view over the surrounding mountains. After 2.5 hours ride you will return to the departing point.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Kustendorf, Mokra Gora Serbia
The last stop will be ethno village called Drvengrad or Wooden Town, famous ethno complex developed by well-known movie director Emir Kusturica, as a set for his movie entitled "Life is Miracle." All the objects including hotel, shops, cinema, church, etc. are made of natural materials, mostly from wood. Due to the fact that popular movie festival "Kustendorf" is organized here (every year), Wooden Town welcomed Johnny Depp, Monica Belucci and other movies celebrities.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Belgrade, Belgrade
Return to Belgrade in early evening hours. Drop off to your accommodation.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up will be at your accommodation in Belgrade (hotel or apartment) or at agreed location in Belgrade.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Supplier keeps the right to change the Program due to unforeseen circumstances - bad weather conditions, site closed to visits due to National holidays, reconstructions or similar.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.