Fully Guided Kayaking Backwater Manatee and Dolphin Tour
Our fully guided kayak tours include expert guidance on the shore and water where we will be with you for the entire course of the activity. You'll receive individual guidance as necessary to get into and out of your vessel, and get help with simple instruction too. No experience necessary. And if you are an experienced paddler, we'll only help when asked. One this trip, you'll enjoy relaxed manatee and dolphin viewing as well as other marine wildlife at your pace, paddling along natural mangrove shorelines, marine islands, and tidal flats. Frequent sightings include manatees, dolphins, jumping fish, otters, shore birds, diving birds, birds of prey (osprey, bald eagles) and occasionally bottom marine life such as crabs, rays, skates, fish and more. No matter what the sightings though, you'll have a great time learning about Florida lagoons and enjoying a quiet paddle in paradise.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Professional guide
- Gratuities not included. Please bring cash. 10-15% is customary.
What's excluded :
- Gratuity to the guide is not included and is strongly encouraged. Please bring cash. 10-15% is customary.
- After scheduling your outing and receiving directions to the launch area, we'll meet you on site at the scheduled time to greet you and get the kayaks and equipment to the water's edge ready for us to go. There will be parking on site, or you can arrange for shuttle/taxi service. All kayak trips begin and end at the same location, so parking on site is a breeze. At this time, we'll discuss trip expectations, our schedule, covering kayaking basics, safety, weather, and anything else you or we feel inclined to discuss to make you as comfortable as possible before we embark on our outing.
Once out on the water, you and your group will enjoy complete tranquility and freedom as we paddle wherever we wish, do whatever we want to do, and enjoy ourselves. Our waters are calm, more like a lake, even though it is a marine environment. There are no major tidal fluctuations or currents that you will have to manage. Typically, it will be just your group for your specific launch, but we do occasionally book multiple groups at the same launch at the same time.
Our fully guided outings last 2 to 2.5 hours, unless other arrangements have been made. This is shorter than the self-guide paddles so please do not confuse the two activities. While kayaking, be on the lookout for wildlife, including manatees, dolphins, marine turtles, shore birds, fish-eating raptors, jumping fish, otters and more. When we return, you'll have the freedom to leave immediately, call for your transportation if needed. We can stay with you while you wait if necessary.
What to bring:
Shoes that can get wet
Clothes that can get wet from the waist down
Sun protection - hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, SPF clothing
Drinks/snacks if you wish
Change of clothes/towels to leave in your car
Dry bag for phone/electronics/key fob (we sell these also)
Departure Point :Banana River Park, 901 Puerto Del Rio Dr, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.