Fully Guided Ultimate East Coast: 6 Week
Starting in Sydney, we’ll travel up the East Coast, stopping off at amazing spots along the way: Sydney Harbour, Bondi Beach, Fraser Island, Town of 1770, The Whitsunday Islands, Mission Beach – we’ll see it all, and much more! This package includes your travel pass from Sydney to Cairns, a fun and experienced Ultimate guide, 42 nights of accommodation, heaps of awesome activities and some meals along the way. You’ll be travelling with your group & guide on a comfortable coach complete with wifi and reclining seats. You’ll make heaps of mates along the way – perfect for solo travellers!
43 days, 42 nights
- **FULLY GUIDED BY AN ULTIMATE GUIDE**
- 40 x Nights Accommodation (+ 2 overnight bus)
- Sydney Airport Transfer
- Some Meals & Drinks Included
- Information Session & Welcome Dinner
- City Walk, Beach Walk & Sydney Party Night
- Sydney Harbour Cruise
- Rooftop Yoga & Cheese & Wine Night
- Bus Pass <> Sydney to Cairns
- Surf Lesson & Byron Bay Lighthouse
- Guided City Walks & Bush Hikes
- 3 Day/ 2 Night Fraser Island Tour ($15 levy)
- 2 Day / 2 Night Whitsunday Island Sailing Tour
- Magnetic Island Adventure incl return ferry transfer, Fort’s Walk & Aussie Wildlife
- Explore tropical Airlie & Mission Beach
- Party in Cairns
- 1 Day Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Tour ($20 levy)
- 1 Day Atherton Tablelands Rainforest Tour
- Customers can arrive before or on day 1 and still receive airport transfer.
- Airport transfer will only drop off at our included accommodation.
- The Welcome Orientation starts at 11.00am
- Day 1 : Welcome to SydneyDay 1: Your Aussie adventure kicks off in Sydney! When you land, our driver will take you directly to your accommodation - one of Sydney's best backpacker hostels. Settle in and get ready for your epic adventure in the land down under! Today, join us at Ultimate HQ where you'll meet the rest of your group. We'll talk you through the plans for the next few weeks, answer any questions you have and introduce you to the crew. Next, we'll take you on a guided city walk; think selfies in front of Sydney Opera House, lunch in Darling Harbour, lush Botanical Gardens and China Town. This evening we'll take you to our favourite backpacker bar for our Welcome dinner.Meals :DinnerDay 2 : SydneyDay 2: Today, we explore Sydney Harbour on our private catamaran! We'll cruise under The Harbour Bridge and past the Opera House stopping off at one of Sydney's hidden bays for a swim. Enjoy your first Aussie BBQ, jump into the warm harbour waters and sip on a few chilled beers in the sunshine! What better way to spend your first two days in Sydney?Meals :LunchDay 3 : Bondi BeachDays 3-4: This morning, leave the city behind and head to the world famous shores of Bondi. Your modern beach hostel is in prime position, overlooking Bondi beach. Learn to surf the waves in an optional surf lesson (add-on), take a dip in the clear blue waters, spot 'Bondi Rescue's' Lifeguards or take part in a yoga class on the rooftop of your hostel. This evening, enjoy a 'cheese and wine night' with new mates. You'll have two days here so unpack, unwind and soak up the beachy vibes of Bondi!Meals :NoneDay 4 : Bondi BeachMeals :NoneDay 5 : Blue MountainsDay 5: This morning check out the boutique shops in Bondi's laneways before washing the sand off your feet ready to embark upon a truly special day in one of the most spectacular World Heritage listed National Parks, ‘The Blue Mountains’. You’ll be dropped-off back in the city this evening and have a free night to rest or explore Sydney a little more. Be sure to ask your Guide for some suggestions!Meals :NoneDay 6 : SydneyDay 6: Spend the next day chilling, climb the iconic Harbour Bridge, go Skydiving, or hop on a ferry to Manly. This evening, get ready for the Ultimate party night! We'll take you on a pub crawl of the best backpacker bars and clubs in Sydney.Meals :NoneDay 7 : SydneyDay 7: There's no better way to shake off last night's hangover than with some fresh sea air! After a little lie-in, we'll take you on the famous Coogee to Bondi coastal walk, stopping off at five stunning beaches and coves along the way. Just another reason to fall in love with Sydney!Meals :NoneDay 8 : Sydney to Byron BayDay 8: This evening, we begin our East Coast adventure. We'll travel overnight by premium air-conditioned bus - complete with Wifi, USB ports and reclining seats - to our first destination, Byron Bay. Sit back, relax and get ready for your epic East Coast adventure!Meals :NoneDay 9 : Byron BayDays 9-12: Byron Bay is famous for it's amazing beaches, laid-back-surfer attitude and boho vibes. Here we'll explore the relaxed town and some of the many beautiful beaches in the area as well as the famous Byron Lighthouse, standing at the most easterly point of the Australian mainland, at sunrise. Embrace the surfer vibes of Byron with a professional surf lesson. Keen for more? Get up close with friendly wild dolphins on a dolphin kayaking tour or check out the alternative hippie hub of Nimbin (add-ons).Meals :NoneDay 10 : Byron BayMeals :NoneDay 11 : Byron BayOptional Extra: Dolphin Kayak Tour - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 12 : Byron BayOptional Extra: Nimbin Tour - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 13 : Byron Bay to Surfers ParadiseDays 13-15: This morning, we'll hop on the bus to Surfers Paradise: where long stretches of stunning sandy beaches meet high rise buildings and never-ending nightlife! By day we'll explore the town and beaches and at night, we'll make the most of the nightlife! Get dressed up and join our optional party night (add-on) for the real Surfers experience! Join a stand up paddleboarding session (add-on) or if you love theme parks, your tour guide can also help you organise a visit Dreamworld, The Gold Coast's most famous theme park (optional add-on).Meals :NoneDay 14 : Surfers ParadiseMeals :BreakfastDay 15 : Surfers ParadiseMeals :BreakfastDay 16 : Surfers Paradise to BrisbaneDays 16-17: After a short journey North of the Gold Coast, we'll arrive at our Brisbane accommodation, right in the city centre. We'll spend the next two days checking out some of Brisbane's hotspots including Street's Beach (Brisbane's man-made city lagoon), Brisbane River and the cultural hub of the South bank. You'll also have the option to head to the famous Australia Zoo to see some amazing wildlife! (add-on).Meals :NoneDay 17 : BrisbaneOptional Extra: Australia Zoo - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 18 : Brisbane to NoosaDays 18-19: If being surrounded by tropical greenery and beautiful beaches is your cup of tea, you'll love Noosa! We'll hike through National Park to lookouts boasting incredible views over Noosa's spectacular coastline, stopping off to spot amazing Australian wildlife along the way. Your hostel has it all; chill by the resort pool or enjoy a few cold ones at the bar. Anyone fancy a game of beer pong?Meals :NoneDay 19 : NoosaOptional Extra: 1 Day Self-Guided Noosa Everglades Kayak Adventure - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 20 : Noosa to Rainbow BeachDays 20-21: This morning, we arrive at Rainbow beach, the gateway to Fraser Island. We'll check into our hostel and head out for a short hike to Carlo Sand Blow, a unique sand mass where you can watch the sunset over the southern tip of Fraser Island! Here you'll get the opportunity to view the resident pod of wild dolphins as they feed. You can also choose to buy some fish ($5) and enter the knee deep water in the marina to feed the dolphins. The rest of the day is yours to chill on the beach, explore Rainbow or relax at the hostel. This evening you'll receive a safety briefing at our hostel, ready for your Fraser Island adventure the following day!Meals :NoneDay 21 : Rainbow BeachMeals :NoneDay 22 : Fraser IslandDays 22-24: Welcome to World Heritage listed Fraser Island, the world's largest sand island! You'll be spending the next few days on this island paradise, exploring sand dunes by 4x4, driving through lush rainforest, swimming in crystal clear lakes, spotting rare Aussie wildlife and hiking to headlands for incredible 360 views of the island. At night, we'll set up camp at our own private campsite just metres from the beach. After an epic few days on Fraser Island we return to Rainbow beach for the night. But the adventure doesn't stop here! Next stop: Town of 1770.Meals :Lunch, DinnerDay 23 : Fraser IslandMeals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 24 : Fraser IslandMeals :Breakfast, LunchDay 25 : Rainbow Beach to 1770 (Agnes Water)Days 25-27: This evening, we arrive in the small coastal town of 1770, named after the second landing sight of Captain James Cook. We'll check in to our accommodation, spark up the barbie and gather around the fire pit. Keen to explore the area? Join 1770's famous scooter tour of the town; get tattooed up, put on a leather flame jacket and channel your inner biker (add-on). This evening, we'll hop on the bus, waking up in Airlie Beach!Meals :NoneDay 26 : 1770 (Agnes Water)Meals :BreakfastDay 27 : 1770 (Agnes Water) to Airlie BeachOptional Extra: Scooteroo 1770 Mini Chopper Motorbike Tour - Additional CostMeals :BreakfastDay 28 : Airlie BeachDays 28-30: Today we arrive in Airlie Beach, the gateway to the Whitsunday Islands! We'll check into our hostel in the centre of town and check out the harbourfront. Soak up the atmosphere - we're in paradise! Our next few days will be spent sailing around the Whitsunday Islands. We'll snorkel in pristine blue waters, getting up close with an abundance of tropical fish and visit some of the whitest sandy beaches in the world. The views here are breathtaking! Our home for the next few days is a Maxi Sailing yacht, where we'll eat delicious food, party and sleep in comfortable beds below deck (or under the stars!) - it doesn't get any better than this!Meals :NoneDay 29 : Whitsunday IslandsMeals :DinnerDay 30 : Whitsunday IslandsMeals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 31 : Whitsunday Islands to Airlie BeachDays 31-32: This morning, we return to the tropical bliss of Airlie beach where we'll spend the next two nights. Later on, we'll head to the bar for our post-island party; eat, drink and be merry as we reminisce on our past few days in paradise! Wander to Airlie's harbourfront lagoon for a dip, explore the surrounding national park or see the Whitsundays from the air on the Whitsunday Scenic Flight Experience (optional add-on)Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 32 : Airlie BeachOptional Extra: GSL Aviation: Whitsunday Heli Experience - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 33 : Airlie Beach to Magnetic IslandDays 33-35: Just a short ferry crossing from Townsville, we'll arrive in Maggie island, a gorgeous tropical haven with heaps to see and do! Explore the many bays and golden sandy beaches, snorkel the pristine island waters, take the guided Fort's walk offering incredible views of the island and come up close with koalas and wallabies at our hostels on-site wildlife park (add-on). In the evening, we'll enjoy a few drinks and games at our hostel bar. Feeling adventurous? Take your new mates on a tour of the island in a 4WD 'barbie' car (available for daily hire). The photo opportunities are endless!Meals :NoneDay 34 : Magnetic IslandMeals :NoneDay 35 : Magnetic IslandMeals :NoneDay 36 : Magnetic Island to Mission BeachDays 36-37: This afternoon we leave Magnetic Island and travel to the beautiful beachside town of Mission beach where the reef and rainforest meet. The sunrise here in Tropical North Queensland is magical! This morning we recommend hiking into the neighbouring National Park, part of the traditional country of The Djiru Aboriginal people. Feeling adventurous? You have the option of joining our awesome white water rafting adventure in Tully, just a short distance from Mission Beach! (add-on). Mission beach is also home to Australia's highest (15,000ft!) and most popular skydiving spot - an experience not to be missed for the adrenaline junkies out there! You'll get the chance to do a skydive the following morning, before we travel on to Cairns. Pre-book your skydive (add-on) or arrange with the help of your guide as you travel, no worries!Meals :NoneDay 37 : Mission BeachOptional Extra: Tully Full Day White Water Rafting - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 38 : Mission Beach to CairnsDays 38-42: This evening we arrive in Cairns, our final stop along the East Coast and the Ultimate backpacker destination - you are in for a treat! Our resort style accommodation is one of the best in Cairns, with luxury air conditioned en-suite dorm rooms, a huge pool and daily entertainment. Sit back, relax, and prepare for the next few exciting days!Meals :NoneDay 39 : Rainforest & WaterfallsDay 39: Our first adventure in Cairns takes us to the Tablelands region where we'll spend the day swimming under waterfalls, sliding down natural rock slides and spotting shy platypuses in the wild.Meals :NoneDay 40 : The Great Barrier ReefDay 40: The next day, we explore the famous Great Barrier Reef. We'll cruise to the outer reef to snorkel with inquisitive Nemos, stingrays, turtles and friendly Maori Wrasse and learn all about the diverse marine life of the reef. When we're not exploring the rainforest and reef, we'll hang out at Cairn's famous harbourfront lagoon, hit the local bars and party the night away at our hostel's very own club! On our last evening we'll take you to our favourite spot to reflect on an epic 6 weeks of Aussie East Coast fun!Meals :LunchDay 41 : CairnsOptional Extra: Active 1 Day Tour to Cape Tribulation - Additional CostMeals :NoneDay 42 : CairnsMeals :NoneDay 43 : Onward TravelDay 43: Whether you plan to stay in the tropics, travel elsewhere in Australia or onto a different destination, your tour guide and the crew at Ultimate HQ will be here to support you and help you plan your adventure!Meals :None
Airport transfer on arrival to Sydney airport can be organised if needed - please send full flight details to firstname.lastname@example.org
The group will meet on day 1, more detailed information will be sent to the customer pre-arrival.
- Fraser Island Extras: $10 insurance levy (mandatory) & $10 (optional) sleeping bag hire payable locally
- Great Barrier Reef Snorkel Trip Extras: $20 (mandatory) reef conservation levy payable locally
Optional extras are available and are listed in the itinerary