Fuya Fuya Hiking Day Trip
Discover Mojanda Lake, one of the most beautiful Crater-lakes in the World! Do a very comfortable, safe and flexible hike, and get the best pictures of the Ecuadorian Andes... Have the comfort of a private tour, and take your time at Otavalo Market to do a very cheap and convenient shopping! Enjoy watching all kinds of genuine hand-made items and local live. Avoid unnecessary crowds and go out of the beaten path with us!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Certified Tour Guide
- Box Lunch
What's excluded :
- Extra Drinks
- Extra Expenses
You'll be picked up from Quito at 7:00 a.m. After driving by two hours approximately, through the Northern Andes of Ecuador, you'll finally reach your starting point located at 12,139 ft, where the majestic Mojanda Crater Lake shows its stunning landscape! The hike is not easy, but is not extreme as well, everyone that enjoys outdoor activities is able to do it and reach the main goal which is the summit of the Fuya-Fuya peak (4.275 m.a.s.l. - 14,026 ft), which is one of the safest and most welcoming mountains in Ecuador.
During the hike you'll enjoy beautiful and well preserved paramo vegetation, plus the possibility to spot interesting birdlife! The uphill way normally takes 2-3 hours, and once we reach the top you'll have the possibility to enjoy one of the most spectacular landscapes of Ecuador, surrounded by several snow-capped volcanoes, lakes, lagoons, farmlands and Indian communities... it will be surreal!!
The way down will test our legs-resistance, it will be fun and "easy". Finally your guide drives you down to visit the Otavalo village, where you'll have time off to hang around the Indian Market, to make the best choices buying unique and genuine souvenirs!
• Lagunas de Mojanda, Via a Mojanda, Tabacundo 170450 Ecuador
• Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your hotel or address, within Quito's district, at 7:00 a.m.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.