Galle Day Tour from Colombo /Negombo /Kalutara /Bentota /Wadduwa (All Inclusive)
Galle day tour mainly covers Galle Dutch fort, Madhu river and turtles conservation centre in Balapitiya.
Galle is a city on the south coast of Sri Lanka. It is famous for the Galle Dutch Fort plus breathtaking beaches along its coastline. Galle Dutch Fort is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Sri Lanka.
Madu River is located in the south of Sri Lanka near Galle. The water of the river is dotted with small islands and the banks are all covered with lush mangrove forests that are home to dozens of incredible animal species.
South coast is also important nesting grounds for sea turtles. A number of sea turtle conservation centres operate along the beach to ensure the safety of sea turtle nests. Altogether, five sea turtles nest in Sri Lankan beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off to most closely located hotels in Colombo, Negombo, Kalutara or Bentota.
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- 500ml mineral water bottle per person during the tour.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Entrance fees to Galle Fort and Turtle Hatchery.
- Cost of Madu River Boat Safari.
- All Government Taxes.
- Entry/Admission - Galle Fort
- Entry/Admission - Madu River
- Entry/Admission - Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project
What's excluded :
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
The Galle Dutch Fort is a seventeenth-century colonial fort in Sri Lanka. It stands on a rocky promontory facing the Indian Ocean. Rocky shores and an imposing landside rampart defend it on all four directions. It was the Portuguese who chose Galle as a permanent trading post in 1588. Following the siege of Galle (1640), the Dutch ousted them from Southern Sri Lanka. Then the Dutch extensively fortified the fort until 1729. Its present form was mainly conceived under Dutch company rule and hence the name Galle Dutch fort. In its heyday, the fortification also served as the island’s southern commandment of the Dutch East India trading company (VOC). Its sister cities were Colombo, Trincomalee, and Jaffna. The fort defended the main VOC trading port in Sri Lanka. In 1796, it was peacefully handed over to the British who maintained a military presence until 1948.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Madu River, Nilwala River Safari, Bridge View, Custom Road, Balapitiya , Sri Lanka 941906362 Call And Contact, Balapitiya 80550 Sri Lanka
The water of the river is dotted with small islands and the banks are all covered with lush mangrove forests that are home to dozens of incredible animal species. Enjoy hundreds of vibrant tropical birds and a few crocodiles if you’re lucky enough.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kosgoda Sea Turtle Conservation Project, 13A Galle Road, Kosgoda 80570 Sri Lanka
Here, you will learn about how these people protect sea turtle eggs and increase hatching rates. Start from protecting the mother turtle during the nesting process and when she is finished laying the eggs and safely back in the ocean, then relocate the eggs from the beach to there hatchery. When the baby sea turtles hatch and then return them to their natural habitat quickly.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Colombo, Sri Lanka
2: Negombo, Sri Lanka
3: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
4: Wadduwa, Sri Lanka
5: Bentota, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please come with a comfortable attire for the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.