Gastro Dehesa Route
La Dehesa is a treasure unknown to many and one of the best examples of circular, green and sustainable economy.
However, it is also an ecosystem in danger, and one of the best tools to protect it is through knowledge. With Gastro Dehesa we intend to share our passion for this unique legacy and present to the visitor of Mérida an alternative to Monumental Tourism, offering an unforgettable experience of nature and gastronomy.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Tasting: At the end of the route you can regain strength testing our selection of cheeses, Iberian sausages, traditional sweets, local wines, ...
1.5 km walking route in the middle of the meadow with guide and explanatory panels.
2 Gourmet Stops during the route; Potato and 2 artisan cheeses.
At the end of the route: documentary about the pasture: «Suspended lives» (15min)
Departure Point :Museo de la Dehesa: Gastro Dehesa, Carretera Ex-209, Ctra. Mérida Montijo, km 58, 350, 06800 Mérida, Badajoz, Spain
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.