Gettysburg: Baltimore St. and Jennie Wade House Discover Tour
Explore Downtown Gettysburg and discover what live was like here during the Civil War
Visit the house of Jennie Wade, the sole civilian casualty of the Civil War, and learn about her life
Uncover information about the Battle of Gettysburg from the perspective of the ordinary townspeople
per adult from
What's included :
- 2 hours guided walking tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance into the Jennie Wade House
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jennie Wade House, 548 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325-2605
Meet your friendly guide in Downtown Gettysburg and embark on a journey back in time to the Civil War. On this 2-hour walking tour, learn about the Civil War from the unique perspective of the ordinary townspeople who lived in Gettysburg. Against the backdrop of historical Baltimore Street, discover how local residents were terrorized after being trapped between 2 warring armies.
See the historic buildings and monuments along Baltimore Street, and with the help of your expert guide, compare the existing structures to what the town looked like in 1863. The highlight of the tour is a visit to the former home of Jennie Wade, the only civilian casualty of the Civil War. Listen to stories about Jennie’s life as a local in Gettysburg and how she came to be the town’s most famous resident.
Departure Point :548 Baltimore St, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.