Golden Circle Afternoon Tour from Reykjavik
Explore the unique volcanic and arctic nature of Iceland. This Golden Circle Afternoon tour is a later version of the Grand Golden Circle tour and a great way to get out of the city for an afternoon or if you just want to sleep in a bit.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Kerid Crater
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kerid Crater, Route 35, Selfoss Iceland
Kerið is an iconic volcanic crater of 55 meters depth.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Gullfoss, White River, Blaskogabyggd 801 Iceland
Gullfoss is a waterfall of the White River Hvítá. It has two steps of 11 and 21 meters and there are pulling more 100 m3 water through it at a second.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Strokkur, Haukadalsvegur, Geysir Iceland
Strokkur is the little brother or the famous Geysir which not active anymore. Strokkur though is still very active blowing water up into the air every 7 to 10 minutes.
At this stop can you also purchase food.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Thingvellir National Park, Thingvellir Iceland
The Thingvellir are both historically and geologically a important location. Here was the first icelandic parliament founded in the late 900s and this is also the a visible division between the eurasian and the north american continental plates.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Þórunnartún 1, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Our pickup can take up to 30 minutes so please wait at your pickup location from the time written on your ticket.More locations we do offer pickup service from:- Subway at the former Oddsson Ho(s)tel, Hringbraut 119- Burgerjoint (Hamborgarabullan), Geirsgata 1- Gamli Gardur, Hringbraut 29- BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10 (front / taxi side)Many accommodations in central Reykjavik are redirected to official "Tour Bus Stops" from which we also offer pickup:- Tour Bus Stop 1, Ráðhúsið - City Hall, Vonarstraeti (64.146316,-21.941491)- Tour Bus Stop 2, Tjörnin - The Pond, Maedragardur on Laekjargata (64.145763,-21.938547)- Tour Bus Stop 3, Lækjargata, Laekjargata 4 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 5, Harpa, Austurbakki 2 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 6, Safnahúsið - The Culture House, Hverfisgata 15 by Arnarholl (64.147454,-21.932894)- Tour Bus Stop 7, Traðarkot, Hverfisgata 20 (64.146706,-21.930425)- Tour Bus Stop 8, Hallgrímskirkja, by Eiriksgata (64.141548,-21.927973)- Tour Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24 (64.143497,-21.916289)- Tour Bus Stop 10, Hlemmur, Laugavegur 105 (64.143155,-21.915414)- Tour Bus Stop 11, Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37 (64.142364,-21.917228)- Tour Bus Stop 13, Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120 (64.142658,-21.913866)Free pickup location:- Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 1 (64.144389,-21.910327)Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavik
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cruise Port Pick up, please contact the local operator directly after booking in order to confirm your exact meeting point
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks will be available to purchase, if forgotten. All clothes worn by staff are washed on a hot cycle after every tour. Passengers are requested to wear clean clothes. Instructions on how to avoid infection are in all our vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.