Gourmet Lunch Tour in Darwin Sundays 3-Hours
Our Sunday tour is quite different from our other tours. We start at Roma Bar, one of Darwin’s finest coffee spots, for a jolt of Java to get us going. There’s a menu here especially for us, and it’s hyper-local and wonderfully exotic, with lots of little tropical treats. Next is a short stroll along Austin Lane, which is smothered in Darwin’s fabulous street art. And there are several pieces of augmented reality that jump off the walls to make the art come to life. Next up is a selection of two of Darwin’s finest restaurants and more tasting plates for a lunch feast like no other. Staff will chat about the food and an emphasis on local produce. And there’s lots to eat—we’ll fill you up, and vegetarian and gluten-free dishes are available too. The top spots on this tour may include Bannsang, Hanuman, Snapper Rocks, Chow, and Pepperberry Restaurant at the Hilton. Depending on our route, we’ll also show you some of Darwin’s historic and cultural landmarks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Brunch - This guided three-hour food tour gives you the best of Darwin’s fine dining scene. Features fresh local ingredients including Aboriginal bush spices and foods. Plus historic and cultural landmarks.
- Soda/Pop - Coffee, tea, standard soft drinks
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Darwin, Darwin, Top End, Northern Territory
We'll sample gourmet treats at some of the finest restaurants in Downtown Darwin. Our tour is constantly changing and we feature different establishments on different days of the week. Downtown stops on our tour can include Hanuman, Chok's Place, Phat Mango, Lazy Susan, Hilton Pepperberry, Little Miss Korea, Aboriginal Bush Traders, Moorish, Speakers Corner and others.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Darwin Street Art, Austin Lane, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
Austin Lane, West Lane and other areas: an unexpected surprise when wandering Darwin's city streets is the murals that adorn the walls of our laneways. Since 2017, the Darwin Street Art Festival has brought vibrancy and colour to the city's walls, with international, national and local artists contributing to the large-scale art gallery. We’ll have photo opportunities in Darwin's celebrated Austin Lane, home to giant street art paintings.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: The Old Town Hall, 13 Smith St, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
On Christmas Eve 1974, after almost a century enduring tropical conditions and 64 air raids during World War II, Darwin's Town Hall literally started crumbling during Cyclone Tracy. The heritage building—erected 14 years after European settlers arrived in the region in 1869—was damaged beyond repair by the natural disaster, as was much of the city. We’ll have photo opportunities at this heritage-listed site, a testament to the destructive power of the cyclone that destroyed much of Darwin.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: 7 Kitchener Dr Darwin Waterfront Precinct, Darwin, Northern Territory 0800 Australia
This is a great place to find gourmet food and drink, not to mention that it’s set on a beautiful lagoon on Darwin Harbour. Our tours are constantly changing and we feature different establishments on different days of the week. Waterfront restaurants on our tour can include Wharf One, Hot Tamale, Snapper Rocks, Chow, and others. Weather permitting, we’ll dine outside with a view of the harbour.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
• Seared scallop - With truffle pea puree and chorizo crumble
Departure Point :Roma Bar, 9 Cavenagh St, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Return Detail :Darwin Waterfront Precinct, 19B Kitchener Dr, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please tell us if you have any medical condition that may affect your ability to attend the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All of our tours are conducted in accordance with Covid-19 advice provided by the Northern Territory Department of Health.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.