GRAFFITour Commune 13
This tour has the guidance of a person who understands the transformation process that is appreciated in Commune 13. It really manages to contextualize the client in what was one of the most socially scrambled periods in the history of Medellín, as well as providing the unique experience of vibrating to the sound of the joy that lives today in what was one of the most violent neighborhoods in the city.
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Escaleras Electricas De La Comuna 13, Carrera 110, Medellin Colombia
Visit to the public stairs.
Stop At: Comuna 13 Tour (Pazifistas), Medellin Colombia
This commune is known as "The cradle of Pablo Escobar", where long ago it was an epicenter of violence, precarious houses built in the middle of the hills, narrow and steep streets, which generated multiple alleys and viewpoints, ideal for criminals and The drug trade. There were two of the bloodiest and most remembered military operations in the city, the Mariscal and Orión operation.
Our local guide tells the violent events that hit this area comparing the past, present and future. Illustrating all the innovation and social transformation that the Commune has had, which is mostly reflected in the Graffiti that will be appreciated throughout the tour, along with a brief explanation of the most symbolic and their meaning.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Comuna 13 Tour (Pazifistas), Medellin Colombia
During the tour, customers will taste a delicious handmade ice cream, made by a local grandmother, traditional product of the Commune.
Departure Point :Cra. 109 #38-15, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.