Grand Tour Jeep Safari - Kykkos Monastery (From Limassol)
Full Day Jeep Tour from Limassol. This is an excellent way to visit Troodos Mountains and experience some of Cyprus’ beautiful, wildest and breathtaking landscapes. Participants will have the chance to visit picturesque traditional Cyprus Villages, the famous Kykko Monastery one of the most prominent monasteries in the entire eastern Orthodox world. A drive through pine forests will arrive at Gelefos Stone Bridge built by Venetians. The trip continues through Pine forests and will take you to a tranquil 20m Waterfall surrounded by a combination of stone and lush vegetation. The sound of water falling will make you feel so relaxed.
Please do not forget your camera !!!!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch Included
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Timios Stavros Monastery, Димократиас 2, Omodos 4760 Cyprus
Here are some of the main highlights:
• Omodos Village: This is the main village in the Limassol Wine growing area. Stroll around the cobbled streets or relax and try a ‘Cyprus’ coffee in the kafenion. Alternatively, you may visit the Monastery of the Holy Cross,established by Saint Helena in year 327 ac.
· Into the Wild: We head off-road into the wilderness welcoming the myriad of dirt tracks and stream bed sections that bring us closer and closer to the forest. Along the way, we see ancient Gelefos Stone Bridge built by the Venetians, native copper deposits and countryside seldom visited by the average tourist.
· Kykkos Monastery: A “must-see” attraction in the middle of the forest, Kykkos is by far the largest and most important monastery on the island, indeed one of the most prominent monasteries in the entire eastern Orthodox world. Contained within the complex is the highly prized and most holy icon of the Panayia Kykkotissa, painted by St Luke.
· Don’t forget Lunch: Included in this adventure package is an extremely memorable lunch featuring an array of freshly prepared local dishes including vegetarian options. Wine, water and lemonade are served complimentary in this all-inclusive meal in a mountain village taverna.
· Waterfall: We continue through pine forests as we make our way to Cyprus’ most fantastic natural wonder, a 20m waterfall with ice cold mountain water cascading down a rocky cliff. This paradise like spot, with its lush vegetation and cool spring waters, will relax both your body and soul.
Don’t forget to bring your cameras for amazing and unforgettable photos!!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Troodos Mountains, Troodos Cyprus
Here is a chance to travel into the Troodos Mountains to see and experience some of Cyprus’ wildest landscapes and the most holy religious monument in Cyprus, Kykkos Monastery. This journey will last all day and bring you through vineyards, pine forests and traditional mountain villages. We will reach elevations of nearly 2000m!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kykkos Monastery (Panagia tou Kykkou), 20km (12 miles) W of Pedoulas village, Pedoulas Cyprus
A 'must-see' attraction in the middle of the forest, Kykkos is by far the largest and most important monastery on the island, indeed one of the most prominent monasteries in the entire eastern orthodox world.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Limassol, Cyprus
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from your Limassol hotel. Pick up times vary from hotel to hotel therefore your pick up time will be sent to you via message once your booking is fully completed and accommodation name provided
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Cyprus Excursions