Great Barrier Reef Sailing and Snorkeling Cruise from Port Douglas
Set sail from Port Douglas for a day of snorkeling and relaxing on the Great Barrier Reef’s Low Isles. The sheltered white sands are surrounded by tropical waters filled with fish, turtles and coral for pristine off-beach snorkeling, just moments away from Low Isles . This smaller cruise is limited to 33 passengers, ensuring good company and helpful assistance from the crew. A buffet lunch is included, along with a reef interpretation sail in a glass-bottom boat with an expert marine biologist as your guide
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Great Barrier Reef sailing cruise
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Glass-bottom boat tour
- Guided walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Port Douglas only, please select from Drop Down list only)
What's excluded :
- Drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Environmental Management Charge (AU$6.50 per person payable on check-in on the day of travel)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Low Isles QLD 4873, Australia
Sail from Port Douglas aboard a luxury catamaran to visit Low Isles in the quieter morning hours, before the majority of visitors arrive. After cruising from the mainland, arrive at Low Isles, where you can spend four and a half hours at Low Isles, a coral cay island where you can relax under palm trees on the white sands and snorkel off-beach in the sheltered lagoon’s undersea coral gardens.
Take a walk to Low Isles’ historic lighthouse, dating from 1878, or learn about the Great Barrier Reef’s magical underwater world of iridescent fish and fluorescent coral on a guided snorkel tour led by a marine biologist. There’s more fun eco-education aboard a glass-bottom boat tour, with stunning coral views and expert commentary.
After a seafood buffet lunch on board the catamaran, soak up the sun on the deck or return to the water for a final snorkel before returning to Port Douglas by 4pm.
Only a select group of operators are permitted to visit the coral cay Low Isles, the only Great Barrier Reef island a short sail from Port Douglas. This cruise combines luxury and eco credentials, for a premium reef experience.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring towel, swimsuit, sunscreen and hat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The health and safety of our customers and employees is and always has been our highest priority. Our new operating procedures bring together a number of new and existing wellbeing measures to give you peace of mind when you travel with Sailaway.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.