Great Sandy Marine Park, Turtle Discovery & Cultural Ecotour
We are the only Indigenous experience in Hervey Bay and the only tour in town that will take you on a journey to explore the Great Sandy Straits Marine Park through the eyes of a Butchulla man.
Our Milbi vessel is also the most steady of the bay, our itinerary was designed so we cruise smooth waters only, slowly. Our boat has glass panels to enjoy the coral reefs from the comfort of your warm clothes if you do not wish to snorkel, this is the only glass bottom boat in Hervey Bay and one of the largest of Australia.
As we ensure you have a relaxing time on board, you will enjoy four hours of marine adventures. Snorkelling equipment is provided to enable you the ultimate experience of coming face to face with the infinite wonders of the marine park. You are likely to see fish habitat amongst the coral reef, turtles, dolphins, sea bird colonies, and possibly a reef shark or dugong. Time is set aside to explore Round Island and enjoy a healthy lunch and tropical fruit platter.
per adult from
What's included :
- Healthy Lunch
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All activities
- Local Indigenous guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- No Pickups
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Great Sandy National Park, Great Sandy National Park, Fraser Coast, Queensland
We depart the Marina with no set itinerary, we travel with what the tides, weather and wildlife have to offer on the day. Our top priority is to offer the best experience for you to spot wildlife, snorkel, enjoy and relax. We stop at one or all three islands: Weenandin (Round Island), Tooliewah (Big Woody Island) and Pelican Banks. Here you will be received by a warm Welcome to Country and you will enjoy a healthy lunch. A unique cultural experience not to be missed while in Hervey Bay.
Duration: 4 hours
Pass By: Hervey Bay, Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast, Queensland
You will see the iconic pier of Hervey Bay while cruising on board of the Milbi. Enjoy the scenery of the bay, learn its Butchulla history directly from your Indigenous guide, all through beautiful Dremtime stories.
Departure Point :Great Sandy Straits Marina Urangan Hervey Bay, 17 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan QLD 4655, Australia
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian / Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.