Greenwich Highlights Half Day Walking Tour in London
Enjoy a fun and educational half day walking tour of Greenwich. All the major venues are on the tour including: Royal Observatory ( Prime Meridian ), National Maritime Museum, Teaclipper Cutty Sark, Old Royal Naval College ( Painted Hall ) , the stunning Queen's House and Greenwich Market. Put on your favorite walking shoes and come along as your entertaining and knowledgeable guide lets you experience the real Greenwich. This tour is a small group tour with max of 6 pax. All admissions included. Start time: 10 a.m. Meet at the Sir Walter Raleigh statue, just outside the Greenwich Tourism Information Centre.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - National Maritime Museum
- Entry/Admission - Royal Observatory Greenwich
- Entry/Admission - Old Royal Naval College
- Entry/Admission - Cutty Sark
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This tour is ideal for those who just don't have the time for our full day tour. The tour starts at 13:30 pm daily and we meet at the Sir Walter Raleigh. The first venue on the tour is the Greenwich Royal Observatory dating back to 1675 and designed/built by Sir Christopher Wren.
Stand at the centre of world time and space, on the prime meridian of the globe. We take you right into Flamsteed House where the apartments have been very well conserved and cared for. It is here that you will see the clocks of the genius John Harrison - the man who solved the longitudinal problem after a life-long saga.
Then head down the hill to the National Maritime Museum, largest of its type in the world. Highlights include Turner's monumental painting " Battle of Trafalgar ", Prince Frederick's royal barge, etc. There is a smart cafe located in the Museum, where we break for tea/coffee (own expense).
Onwards to the only teaclipper to have survived: Cutty Sark. After a seven year long, £52 million pound restoration she looks very fine. We take you right on board, into the cargo hold that held most of the 10,000 tea chests enroute from Shanghai to London during her hay day.
The next port of call is the Old Royal Naval College which is now the campus of the University of Greenwich. Your guide takes you to the famous Queen's Gate where Queen Elizabeth would greet her favourites such as Sir Francis Drake returning to England with Spanish gold and silver. Visit the magnificent Painted Hall where movies such as 'Thor 2' were filmed.
The tour normally ends by 4 pm at the Greenwich Market which has been onsite since the 1830's and has been transformed into a great London market complete with art shops, boutiques and fantastic street food!
Departure Point :Greenwich Tourist Information Centre, Visitor Centre at the Old Royal Naval College, 2 Cutty Sark Gardens, Greenwich, London SE10 9LW, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Very safe tour in terms of COVID-19. Two reasons: small group walking tour with max. of 6 pax. Also, we are outside alot - lots of social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.