Greenwich Village Walking Tour
Greenwich Village has long been one of New York’s signature neighborhoods, full of winding streets, gorgeous tree lined blocks, and an amazing array of characters who have called it home over the years. Starting in Washington Square Park and meandering through the West Village, this tour touches on the artistic, political and popular history of the area, including its famous role as the creative playground for many generations of bohemians.
We focus on telling great stories and making our tours like being shown around by an (exceptionally well-informed) friend. Educational and entertaining, this tour will show you why The Village is a place that has drawn people to it for generations.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: 5 Ave, Waverly Pl., W. 4 St. and Macdougal St. Washington Square Park, New York City, NY 10011
We'll give you a quick overview of what to expect on the tour, then get you up to speed on the history of Washington Square Park and its famous arch. From there, we'll spend the next two and a half hours exploring the neighborhood.
Highlights include the sometimes grisly history of Washington Square, the Picasso hiding in plain sight, the clubs that launched the careers of many famous musicians and comedians, two of New York's smallest pieces of property, the unlikely birthplace of a social movement, and the former home of what may have been New York’s most colorful mayor (which is saying something!)
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :20 Washington Square N, New York, NY 10012, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.