Group or Private Early Lisbon Castle, VIP Cathedral Tower Climb & City Stroll
Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety:
- It will not include the visit inside the Cathedral.
- Group size has been reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations
Delve into the heart of Lisbon on this fully guided half-day tour that takes the smart (downhill) route through the city's most beautiful attractions. With your small group be one of the first of the day inside the iconic Lisbon Castle, before making your way to the Santa Luzia Viewpoint for spectacular views. Climb the bell tower at the Sé Cathedral, and stop at an azulejo tile workshop to discover the process behind the iconic slates that cover Lisbon’s most picturesque buildings. Finally, learn to navigate like a local with tips from your guide, who’ll introduce you to Baixa neighborhood before finishing out the afternoon with a stroll Downtown.
Private Tours are offered in English, Spanish, and French
per adult from
150 to 210 minutes
What's included :
- Professionally guided half-day tour of Lisbon
- Skip-the-line São Jorge Castle tickets
- Entrance tickets to Sé Cathedral
- Special access Sé Cathedral Bell Tower climb
- Azulejos tiles workshop tour
- Fully guided tour of Baixa neighborhood & Downtown Lisbon
- See Praca do Comercio, Rua Augusta & Santa Justa Lift
- Carefully planned downhill walking route
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lisbon, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
As a city Lisbon ticks all the boxes: dramatic viewpoints, historic castles and cathedrals, and vibrant neighborhoods, all unified by the iconic tiles that sprinkle the city and give it its dreamy, artisanal flavor. To take it all in in a short space of time requires plenty of research and insider knowledge - and to do it well requires a smart route and an expert guide.
This half-day tour has been specially designed to take you from one of the highest points of the city (for the most spectacular views) right down to sea level - meaning your walking tour winds downhill for the most part, so you won’t have to struggle with the inclines Lisbon is so notorious for!
Pass By: Castelo de S. Jorge, Rua de Santa Cruz do Castelo, Lisbon 1100-129 Portugal
Beginning at the majestic São Jorge Castle, and with strategically-timed entrance to make the most of early access, you’ll explore the grounds and interior with your guide and small group without the usual midday crowds. You’ll discover fascinating facts about its former life as a defensive structure and trace historic footsteps as you walk along the castle walls. Sprawling views over the city abound here, and will no doubt be a highlight of your entire stay.
Pass By: Lisbon District, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
Any admirer of the city will already be well acquainted with the charming tilework that gives Lisbon its pretty Portuguese flair, but not many know what goes into creating these iconic ceramic pieces. At an authentic azulejo tile workshop you’ll see how they’re crafted from inception to completion, coming away with an in-depth perspective on one of Lisbon’s most recognisable features.
Pass By: Miradouro de Santa Luzia, Largo de Santa Luzia Alfama, Lisbon 1100-487 Portugal
As views go, there aren’t any more dazzling than those from the Santa Luzia Viewpoint, which is where you’ll find yourself after another comfortable downhill ramble. Breathe in the fresh sea air here as you take in the full scope of the city from above.
Pass By: Se de Lisboa ( Igreja de Santa Maria Maior ), Largo da Se, Lisbon 1100-585 Portugal
Sé Cathedral is your next port of call, where you’ll skip any lines to gain entry inside the spectacular structure. With special access, you’ll explore the treasury then climb to the top of the Cathedral’s Bell Tower - an area that has been closed to the public for over eight hundred years! From there you can soak up the history surrounding you as well as the sweeping panoramas of the city overlooking the Tagus river.
Pass By: Lisbon Baixa, Lisbon Portugal
Pass By: Arco da Rua Augusta, R. Augusta 2, 1100-053 Lisboa, Portugal
Arch of Rua Augusta
Pass By: Rossio Square, Praca Dom Pedro IV, Lisbon 1100-026 Portugal
Further downhill it’s on to the Baixa district, from Rossio Square - Lisbon’s main square since the Middle Ages - to the Commercial Square (Praça do Comércio), where you can admire picture-perfect views of Lisbon’s gorgeous riverfront.
Pass By: Elevador de Santa Justa, Rua do Ouro, Lisbon 150-060 Portugal
In downtown Lisbon you’ll learn some insider hacks that will allow you to navigate the remainder of your Lisbon trip like a local - including a ‘secret’ local entrance to the Santa Justa Lift!
From the castle walls to downtown areas, this half day tour will give you an unparalleled insight into the city’s historic heart and vibrant present.
Pass By: Praca do Comercio (Terreiro do Paco), Avenida Infante Dom Henrique 1C, Lisbon 1100-053 Portugal
Departure Point :R. de Santa Cruz do Castelo 26, 1100-251 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Praça do Comércio, 1100-148 Lisboa, Portugal
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to Covid19, until the end of 2020, this tour will be amended to ensure your safety: It will not include the visit inside the Cathedral. Group size has been reduced. This will be amended as as Covid restrictions relax in accordance with local regulations.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a downhill walking tour, while the walk is not strenuous the ground can often be uneven. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Respectful clothing is required. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress.
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches could take place.
- Photography is not permitted inside Lisbon Cathedral.
- This tour runs rain or shine - please bring suitable clothing.
- Please note that we will not visit the tile workshop on Sundays.
- Please note that while we will always visit the interior of the Se Cathedral (tickets included), we may occasionally not be able to climb the Cathedral bell tower on Sundays, due to liturgical events.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.