Gualaceo, Chordeleg, and San Bartolomé from Cuenca
In the tour of the artisan villages, you will visit 3 important towns of the province of azuay Gualaceo, Chordeleg, San Bartolome and in each one you will have the opportunity to know about the elaboration of some crafts such as guitars, jewelery or textiles.
Also during this day you can admire the beautiful landscape of the Andes mixed with the color of the traditional "cholas cuencanas" that always wear their colorful skirts and shawls, and you will enjoy the old colonial style houses.
And for lovers of local food this tour will take you to a local market to enjoy culinary delights.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Azuay Province, Azuay Province
Starting at 8am approx. In the city of Cuenca, we will head east for 45min. get to San Bartolome, magical place with very old houses and cradle of the best guitar makers in the country.
Here you can also visit the central park and its church.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chordeleg, Chordeleg, Azuay Province
After this you will continue to Chordeleg place recognized throughout the country for the talent of its jewelers, here you will learn about the technique of the filigree that has given so much fame to Ecuadorian jewelry.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gualaceo, Gualaceo, Azuay Province
After lunch, your guide will take you to visit the center of Gualaceo, which has several colonial houses, to finally visit the famous "MAKANAS" workshop where you will have a demonstration of how the shawls of the Cholas Cuencacanas are made, a garment that in the last years, she has gained space within the upper social class, being a garment that is widely used by women in important events,even in beauty events.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up in your hotel or apartment
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adult
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.