Guatapé Lake on a Boat + El Peñol Rock Hike Day Tour + Lunch Included
Are you planning to go to the famous Guatapé but don’t really know how to arrange the activities? Don’t worry, we’ll give you the most complete experience. Let us guide you through Guatapé and El Peñol Rock in this whole-day tour that you won’t forget. Private transportation, local bilingual guide and tickets to the most appealing experiences such a climbing the rock of El Peñol and having a boat tour through one of the biggest dams in Colombia. Do not hesitate and have Guatape’s best.
● Leaving the city to visit the traditional and colorful Guatape town
● The worth doing challenge of climbing over than 600 stairs to the rock of El Peñol to have its stunning views
● 1-hour boat tour along the dam and learning its history and interesting facts
● Getting in touch with locals and taste traditional flavors
● The unforgettable experience of going to one of the most beautiful places in Colombia
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Risk Insurance
- Gran Colombia Tours Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Laguna de Guatape
- Entry/Admission - Piedra Del Penol
- Entry/Admission - Boat Guatape
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Laguna de Guatape, Loma del Escobero, Medellin 053840 Colombia
Let Guatape landscape speak by itself and get amazed by the Peñol Rock and one of the biggest Hydroelectric dams in Colombia.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Piedra Del Penol, Highway El Penol - Guatape, Guatape Colombia
This is an enigmatic rock nobody knows where came from and there are all sorts of speculations about its origin. Although it looks challenging, you’ll get how rewarding it’ll be to climb its 700 stairs, after having one of the most breathtaking views Colombia may offer.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Guatape, Guatape, Antioquia Department
Once all of you have made it downstairs, you will get back in the car to drive through El Peñol town and then make it to Guatapé. In here you will tour around the colorful streets along the dam, learning about the history behind this man crafted beauty. By this time, you will go to a local restaurant to have a marvelous traditional lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Boat Guatape, Medellin Colombia
The dam was created after flooding the old Peñol town. Now it is responsible of generating energy for millions of people. You will visit it on a boat tour after lunch and will visit one of the only houses that remain after the flooding, at this place you will have a big chunk of history behind the town and superstition.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up our clients anywhere within Medellin city - hotels, hostels, Airbnb, vacation rentals, points of interest, and also at José María Córdova International Airport.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- At Gran Colombia Tours we ensure your well-being and safety. Our team of tour guides, drivers, and collaborators are prepared to assist you by complying with all biosecurity protocols. We protect ourselves from COVID-19 with all the measures to welcome you back.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.