Guided Food Tour in Malmö (Private)
Taste organic and healthy food, as well as classic Swedish dishes. A popular stop in Malmo is the new market hall. Visit some of Malmö's hideaway places where you can try a real "Swedish Fika" or locally caught fish from the Fishing huts. You will meet nice staff at all our taste stops where they will tell you a little short story about the food and their business. At the same time, you will experience different parts of our wonderful city Malmö.
Please notify us with information regarding special requirements. Such as information about certain dietary restrictions. (Vegetarian, Milk protein, Vegan.. etc)
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Voucher for food
- Bottled water - A 100% Biodegradeable waterbottle
- Air-conditioned vehicle or rental bikes
- Use of bicycle
- Tailored stops for the group
- 4 Taste locations
- Entry/Admission - Travelshop Malmö
- Entry/Admission - Västra Station Restaurang & Bar
- Entry/Admission - Fiskehoddorna
- Entry/Admission - Ribersborgs Kallbadhus
- Entry/Admission - In the Pink!
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages - We do not provide for alcoholic beverages but they will always be available for purchase.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Travelshop Malmö, Malmö centralstation, Centralplan 10, 211 20 Malmö, Sweden
Here you will meet the guide and you will also be informed on the different locations you will visit.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Västra Station Restaurang & Bar, Dag Hammarskjölds torg 1, 211 18 Malmö, Sweden
The first stop on your taste trip is usually at Västra Station restaurant & bar where you can enjoy rustic and heartening food in a lovely atmosphere that has a classic train station decor. Here the raw material is in focus with great respect for the organic and the near-produced. The menu is influenced by rustic European cuisine. After an extensive renovation of the old station house from the late 1800's the Västra Station Resturant & Bar opened its doors to the public, in the spring of 2018. The dining room is complemented by a proper bar, built by suitcases and has also an outdoor dining room on Dag Hammarskjöld square with the view of Malmö Live.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fiskehoddorna, Banérskajen, 211 18 Malmö, Sweden
Next up is usually, Carlsson's fish is located among the fish houses and has a wide range of fresh and smoked fish. Carlsson's Fish conducts small-scale coastal fishing in the Oresund. These colourful fishing huts are the region's largest marketplace for fish and fresh seafood. This fish market has a charming location in the heart of Malmö in a unique setting on a street called Banérskajen. Every day, local fishermen offer a wide range of what the ocean has to offer, mostly caught in the Oresund sea. The locals come here to buy herring, cod, smoked salmon and other fishes which they smoke from their own smoker. Enjoy this timeless atmosphere and significant landmark in Malmö with the smell of fresh fish and sea salt.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ribersborgs Kallbadhus, Limhamnsvagen Brygga 1, Malmo 217 59 Sweden
Next up is Ribersborg. This place has many names. For a long time, it was official "Malmö Saltsjöbad", but that name did not stick. Instead, the nickname "Kallis" became a more popular name. Kallis bathhouse was opened in June 1898 and is built straight out in the sea. Even if you are not looking for a swim in the ocean, you can also just relax on the sun deck, have a nice massage, a hot sauna or a meal in the charming restaurant. Kalli's café and restaurant are in a stunning century-changing environment, and the menu offers simpler dishes served with an incredible view over the ocean.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: In the Pink!, Rälsplatsen 3, 211 20 Malmö, Sweden
A stone's throw away from both the Central Station and Malmö University, In the Pink launched its healthy café and restaurant concept in the fall of 2016. The atmosphere of In the Pink is pleasant and relaxed, with a modern mix of restaurant and coffee house. Here, they choose their ingredients with care from near-produced areas and this is the heart of their healthy menu, which is also mostly organic. Both the food and drinks on the menu are in line with Raw Food, LCHF, Vegetarian and Vegan. Another big focus at In the Pink is the coffee, where they strive for sustainable and organic coffee as far as possible.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Travelshop Malmö, Malmö centralstation, Centralplan 10, 211 20 Malmö, Sweden
The tour ends back at Travelshop.
Please note that this is an example itinerary and yours might differ.
Departure Point :Public toilet, underground bicycle garage, Centralplan 10, 211 22 Malmö, Sweden
Departure Time :12:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.