Guided Half-Day Tour to Shoshone Indian Ice Caves
Shoshone Indian Ice Caves is a National Historic Site and the largest Lava Ice Cave known. This dramatic and beautiful ice cave is Idaho's largest cave located 100 feet below the surface of the earth. It is a world of volcanic wonder and ice that was formed over 2,000 years ago.
The world famous Bear Claw Trading Post is a must-see and hidden "gem" in the middle of the desert. At this specialty gift shop, you will find authentic Native American art and jewelry and unique imports from five continents.
Take a drive through the Historic District of Shoshone, ID, the gateway to Sun Valley as your interpretive guide shares the stories and history of the people who called the "oldest city in the Magic Valley" home.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Shoshone Indian Ice Caves
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shoshone Indian Ice Caves, 1561 N Highway 75, Shoshone, ID 83352-5246
Explore Shoshone Ice Caves, a National Historic Site and the largest Lava Ice Cave known. Trained guides take you down into this geologic natural wonder on a fun, unique tour you will learn how this "living glacier" was formed by molten lava and frozen with ice. Hear about our famous Chief Washakie of the Umatilla and Shoshone tribes; the only known Native American to be given a full military funeral. Wander through the village, museum and gift shop or search for the perfect geode at the geode breaking station.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bear Claw Trading Post, 1560 N Highway 75, Shoshone, ID 83352-5246
Visit at the world famous Bear Claw Trading Post where you will find authentic Native American art and jewelry, as well as unique imports from five continents including traditional beads and supplies from India, carvings from Indonesia, pottery and ironwork from Mexico as well beautiful antler, rawhide and leather gifts crafted right here in Idaho. This roadside trading post is a must-see and hidden "gem" in the middle of the desert.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Shoshone, Shoshone, Idaho
As you head back to Twin Falls, you will tour through the historic downtown district of Shoshone, Idaho, named after the Shoshone Indian Tribe and known as the oldest town in the Magic Valley area once said to have the "widest main street in the world". Learn about the historic buildings and the people who called this place home.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will pick you up in Twin falls.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Covid19 Update: We are open for business and observing state recommendations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.