Guided Tour and Rum Tasting Experience
Step Back in time and experience the history and heritage that blossoms at Pedro St James National Historic Site, with a Guided Tour and Rum Tasting Experience!
Located in the serene town of Savannah, just 20mins drive from George Town, this tour will delight culture lovers, and all those looking for a day away from the hustle bustle of Seven Mile Beach.
This tour begins with a 3D multi-sensory movie that transports you back in time to how Caymanians lived in days of old. This is followed by a guided tour of the Great House where you can see authentic 18th Century artefacts and rooms, and learn about the rich history of pirate raids, tragedy and triumph. The tour finishes with a rum tasting at the Outpost Bar located on site, where you can sample several types of locally made rums. Persons must be 18 years old to sample the rum. Persons under 18 will be offered a beverage or slushy.
per adult from
60 to 90 minutes
What's included :
- Tour of the facility and a rum tasting experience with several locally distilled rums
- Entry/Admission - Pedro St. James National Historic Site
What's excluded :
- Food and soft beverages (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pedro St. James National Historic Site, Pedro Castle Road Savannah, KY1-1501 Grand Cayman
Step back in time at this 18th Century Great House, explore its rooms and learn about its history of tragedy, triumph and stand in the very spot where the Abolition of Slavery Act was read, freeing slaves in the Cayman Islands. Take a stroll around the stunning seven acres of lush gardens, enjoy a local rum tasting, stunning ocean views and a 3D multi-sensory movie that will transport you back in time.
Duration: Approx. 2.5 hrs. (including transport, movie, tour, rum tasting, shopping).
Includes: Guided tour of 18th Century Great House & grounds, multi-sensory 3D movie theatre, local rum tasting experience by Cayman Spirits Co.
Additional Features: Gift shop, children's play area, Outpost bar and grill.
Low intensity: Walking tour.
Recommendations: 2nd & 3rd floors of Great House not wheelchair accessible. Family friendly. Must be 18 years old to sample rum.
Transportation: Tour company, taxi, or public bus - catch the NS, EE, BT or #9 bus.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Royal Watler Cruise Terminal, George Town, Cayman Islands
2: Pedro St. James, Pedro Castle Road, Savannah, Savannah KY1-1501, Cayman Islands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Must be 18 years old to sample rum
- Persons under 18 years will be offered a beverage or slushy
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.