Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
The Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, located in one of the most important neoclassical buildings in Barcelona, has an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez used to train surgeons during the XVIII century.
• Visit the last anatomic amphitheater remaining in Spain and one of the oldest arround Europe
• Feel how medicine and surgery are related to history and architecture at the place
• Discover where the first X-ray experiment took place in Spain
• Enjoy walking arround the halls of the Academy
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided Tour (by an expert guide)
- Audioguides (7 lenguages)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Come and meet the Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, one of the most important neoclassical buildings in the city located next to the first and main hospital of Barcelona.
Inside you will find standing out an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez that was intended for the training of surgeons.
The history of the Real Academy is linked to names like Pere Virgili, Antoni de Gimbernat or Santiago Ramón y Cajal. Scientists related with medicine and surgery who's research has opened the doors to a new medicine era.
From the hand of our guides you will be able to know the building and its history, surely it will surprise you!.
Departure Point :Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts of Barcelona, La Rambla, 115, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be recived ad time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Bring your booking confirmation (not needed to be printed)
- Arrive 10 minutes before the tour starts
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.