Guided Visit Jose Saramago House Museum in Lanzarote Ticket
Get into the life and work of one of the most famous Portuguese writers, as you visit José Saramago’s House Museum in Lanzarote, a very welcoming and full of culture place worth visiting.
per adult from
What's included :
- A delicious Portuguese cup of coffee.
- Entry/Admission - Casa Jose Saramago
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Visit: Casa Jose Saramago, Calle Topes 2 First house off the Jose Saramago roundabout before going down to Puerto del Carmen, 35572 Tias, Lanzarote Spain
The journey throughout this House Museum starts at a very bright gallery where art pieces by Canary artists like Cesar Manrique, Pepe Dámaso, as well as Portuguese artists.
You can contemplate the writer’s office filled with family memories, portraits from Saramago’s admired writers, like Kafka, Proust and Tolstoy, and photos from the time he received the Nobel Prize in 1998.
You will also pass through his bedroom and living room, that leads to the beautiful garden, where the author read, rested and enjoyed the view of the coast.
Discover the Library, built in 2006, where José Saramago wrote his last 2 novels, ‘The Elephant’s Journey’ and ‘Cain’. Also, find the meeting room with an engraving by Goa Xingjian.
If you like, you can get lovely souvenirs, as well as his books, from Casa José Saramago’s shop.
Come and join this fantastic guided or auto-guided journey from Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 to 14:30.
• This House Museum displays the life of José Saramago, Nobel Prize in Literature in 1998.
• You will also see wonderful volcanic landscapes from the beautiful garden.
• Saramago’s House Museum, also known as “A Casa”, it’s filled with anecdotes, culture and literature in its essence.
Departure Point :Casa Jose Saramago, Calle Topes 2 First house off the Jose Saramago roundabout before going down to Puerto del Carmen, 35572 Tias, Lanzarote Spain
Departure Time :3/10/2020 - 10/7/2021
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 01:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Visiting hours finish at 13:30.
- Children under 16 years of age get free entrance.
- Visitors are allowed to take photos and make videos as long as there is no underage showing in them.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.