Guided Walk through Old Town Ahmedabad of Unique Pols including Private Transfer
Ahmedabad is an important commercial hub of the Indian state of Gujarat. It is the sixth largest Indian city with about 6.5 million people calling the city their home. The city goes back to the 11th century. A walk through its old quarter will get you close to the architecture, local art, religious buildings and the city’s specific culture and traditions. Ahmedabad has some of the finest Indo-Islamic monuments and exquisite Hindu and Jain temples. You will also see the city’s carved wooden houses - unique in their architectural tradition.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
You will be transferred from your hotel in Ahmedabad to the Swami Narayan Temple in an air-conditioned vehicle and stop by the temple of the Swami Narayan community built in Feb 1822.
The walk takes you through the old quarter of Ahmedabad, comprising of numerous Pols. Pols are self-contained, micro neighborhoods consisting of a street and houses on either side. Walking further, you will see the remains of the Calico Dome. This is a geodesic dome based on the designs of Buckminster Fuller. This dome was a shared outlet and shop for Calico Mills and was built in 1962.
The last stop on this heritage walk will be the Jama Masjid mosque. It is the most splendid mosque of Ahmedabad. It was constructed in the year 1423 A.D by Sultan Ahmed Shah, the founder of Ahmedabad city. Made by using yellow sandstones, the architecture of this mosque is a blend of Hindu and Muslim styling. After your old town walking tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.