Hakka Discovery Tour from Taipei
Hakka people are regarded as the 2nd biggest ethnic group in Taiwan with their own unique customs and traditions. Whether you're a first time visitor or a returning guest, in this tour you will discover the spirit of the Hakka.
Start with a short train ride along Neiwan Branch Line, you will stop by a creative park featuring Hakka Culture, and have a taste of the local delicacies in the biggest traditional Hakka Market. Then stroll along Beipu Old Street where you have an opportunity to make your own Lei Tea. Finally, enjoy the seasonal fruit picking and conclude this wonderful journey.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional tour guide
- Admission fee and entrance ticket included in the itinerary
- One-way train ride from Hexing Station to Zhudong Station
- Hakka Leicha DIY
- Entry/Admission - Taiwan Railways
- Entry/Admission - Beipu Old Street
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Taiwan Railways, Taipei Taiwan
Your tour starts with a railway ride from “Love Station” Hexing Station to Zhudong Station.
Experience a train ride from Hexing Station to Zhudong Station. Neiwan Line was use for transporting the wood and cement for export. In recent years thin line has transformed to tourist railway.
Duration: 13 minutes
Stop At: Hexing Station Landscape Park, NO. 17 Zhongshan St., Sec. 1 Lixing Vil., Hengshan Township, Hengshan 31243 Taiwan
Hexing Station has old-fashioned clocks, antique train cars and Japanese decoration, and is famous for a romantic love story about a man and a woman, which made Hexing get another name─ Love Station. This beautiful romance story about love and train chasing has been handed down for generations, making Hexing Station surrounded with intense romantic atmosphere
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zhu Dong Wen Chuang Yi Shu Cun, No. 196, Lane 194, Donglin Road, Zhudong 310 Taiwan
Before lunch, you will stop by Zhu Dong Wen Chuang Yi Shu Cun(Zhudong Cultural & Creative Park), an art exhibition location converted from an old staff dormitory, that is aimed to promote local art crafts and Hakka culture. Here exhibitions, pop-up stores and showcases are held from time to time to present the work of the local artists.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Zhongyang Market, Lane 310, Ren'ai Road, Zhudong Taiwan
Next you will visit Zhudong Traditional Market(Zhongyang Market), which is regarded as Taiwan’s largest Hakka market. Here you have an opportunity to try 3 Hakka traditional snacks. (included in the tour)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Beipu Old Street, Beipu Street, Beipu 314 Taiwan
Then continue with a walking tour along Beipu Old Street. Situated in the west part of Hsinchu County, Beipu is a Hakka township, where many buildings dated back to Qing dynasty and Japanese Colonial Era are still well preserved: Beipu Citian Temple, Jin Guang Fu House and many more.
The Hakka people are widely known for their unique food culture as well. It’s very refreshing to have a cup of “Lei Tea” after walking tour, a traditional Hakka drink made by grinding pumpkin seeds, peanuts, sesame seeds, tea leaves and other food ingredients softly blended with hot water. Easy-to-make and nutrition-rich makes it an energy drink to the Hakka people. Here you will have a chance to experience Hakka Leicha DIY. (included in the tour)
Taiwan is the "Kingdom of Fruits". Fresh fruits are available all year round. Before going back to Taipei, enjoy fruit picking in a local fruit farm. (include NTD 100 coupon off your purchase in the farm)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from hotels in Taipei City Center. If the hotel lobby is located on an upper level, please meet the tour guide on the ground level of the hotel building. Exact pick-up time will be provided by local operator upon confirmation.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Times and sequences are subject to change according to the weather and traffic condition.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Free masks are only available for those guests who do not have their own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.