Half Day Antigua - Afternoon
Antigua Guatemala was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1979 for the faithful maintenance of its streets, houses and old churches.
This makes the city a unique place to walk through it.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - La Merced
- Entry/Admission - Cathedral de Santiago
- Entry/Admission - Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Antigua, Antigua, Sacatepequez Department
This is a basic visit to the colonial city of La Antigua, seeing the most important thing on town.
Stop At: La Merced, 5 Calle and 11 Av, Guatemala City Guatemala
La Iglesia de la Merced is a Catholic temple located in the city of Antigua Guatemala in Guatemala. The architect Juan de Dios Estrada was in charge of its construction since 1749. The temple was inaugurated in 1767.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Plaza Central Park, Plaza Mayor City Center, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
It was in 1541 when, using the square and the compass, the engineer Don Juan Bautista Antonelli carried out the project by arranging the city by line in a reticulated urban organization.
The stables were distributed from a central square where the main buildings were to be located: town hall, cathedral, shops and others. The measure of the square is 112 meters from north to south and 115 meters from east to west (138 rods from east to west and 134 from north to south).
The angles of the square are composed: To the north, by the portal of Chains and the Palace of the Noble City Hall, to the east by the Episcopal Palace and the Cathedral of Santiago, to the south by the Royal Palace, to the west by the Merchants Portal or Panaderas, in the center is the source of the Sirens, built in 1739 by Diego de Porres.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Cathedral de Santiago, Calle Oriente 5, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
It was the seat of the Archdiocese of Santiago de Guatemala in the 17th and 18th centuries
According to some historians, the remains of the Conqueror Don Pedro de Alvarado are found in his catacombs.
Because of its influence in so many temples, it constitutes one of the most precious expressions of Hispanic-American artistic creation.
Under the immense construction crypts used to conserve the remains of illustrious faithful are located, these have often been confused with communication tunnels between convents.
Antigua Cathedral was the third of its kind in the kingdom of Guatemala.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
In the year 1609, four nuns of the Convent of the Immaculate Conception of Mary were authorized to establish the Convent of Saint Catherine Martyr. This was the second convent for nuns in the city of Santiago de los Caballeros, founded in the year of 1613.
The Convent of Santa Catalina Mártir had a character of seclusion due to the votes taken by the religious belonging to that Order. In other words, they were prevented from going outside or being seen from outside.
Over time, the number of religious who were admitted to the convent grew so much that space was no longer enough. So they asked for authorization to occupy the space that was in front of the convent.
Stop At: Jade Maya - The Original Jade factory and Museum, 4a. Calle Oriente No. 34, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
If you are a Jade fan, you will surely love visiting this place. La Casa del Jade has an impressive collection of handmade pieces based on jade, with different sizes, colors and shapes. The best thing is that you can enjoy a visit knowing all the corners of this small museum that highlights the beauty of this jewel of Guatemala.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please stay at yuor hotel lobby 15 minutes before.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.