Half Day Apartheid Museum
The Apartheid Museum opened 2001 and is acknowledged as the pre-eminent museum in the world dealing with 20th Century South Africa, at the heart of which is the apartheid story – a nation’s resistance, courage and fortitude. For anyone wanting to understand and experience what apartheid South Africa was like, a visit to the Apartheid Museum is fundamental.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Landing and facility fees
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apartheid Museum, Northern Park Way and Gold Reef Rd, Johannesburg 2001 South Africa
Upon collection from your hotel, you shall be transferred to the Apartheid Museum, located in the south of Johannesburg. Here you will embark on a self-guided tour of the museum with your ILIOS Travel guide on hand to assist you with further insight and information relating to the exhibits. The Apartheid Museum, the first of its kind, illustrates the rise and fall of apartheid. An architectural consortium, comprising several leading architectural firms, conceptualised the design of the building on a seven-hectare stand. The museum is a superb example of design, space and landscape offering the international community a unique South African experience. The exhibits have been assembled and organised by a multi-disciplinary team of curators, film-makers, historians and designers. They include provocative film footage, photographs, text panels and artefacts illustrating the events and human stories that are part of the epic saga known as Apartheid.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Radisson Blu Hotel Sandton, Johannesburg, Rivonia Rd &, Daisy St, Sandown, Sandton, 2146, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
An accurate collection time will be communicated to your hotel the day prior to departure.
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.