Half Day 'Big 5' Dinokeng Safari, minutes from Johannesburg
Guest experience Gauteng’s hidden gem, Dinokeng Game Reserve, home to the ‘Big 5’ and only a short 90 minute drive from Sandton. The reserve also boasts cheetah, brown hyena, large variety of antelope, giraffe and bird species. Visit a private game lodge and enjoy an open safari vehicle game drive, traversing over 8 500 hectares of pristine bush, accompanied by an experienced game ranger.
Summer September – April 06h00 to 08h30
Winter May – August 06h30 to 08h30
Summer September – April 16h30 to 19h00
Winter May – August 16h00 to 19h00
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee: Dinokeng Game Reserve conservation levy
- Activity: Open safari vehicle game drive
- Entry/Admission - Dinokeng Game Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dinokeng Game Reserve, Hammanskraal 0400 South Africa
Malaria-free Big Five Dinokeng Game Reserve is a 19,000 hectare reserve providing a free-roaming haven for brown hyena, lion, cheetah, giraffe, zebra, buffalo, buck, elephant, rhino, leopard and myriad bird species, including the endangered blue crane and a breeding pair of martial eagles.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Collection from Sandton Hotels 04h30 / 14h15 and Rosebank Hotels 04h15 / 14h00. Collection times vary, are subject to the hotel collection route and will be reconfirmed via the hotel the day prior to departure.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Guests to bring along own face masks. A vehicle of appropriate size will be assigned to tour groups in accordance with the COVID-19 regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.