Half-Day Bolzano Walking Food Tour with Lunch
Bolzano food tour is a walking tour around the centre of Bolzano. The tourist is guided by a "Foodie", a local "buddy" able to explain every detail of the selected restaurants, their preparations, and the relevant history/curiosities and he will make try the real local taste and flavours.
Our tour is a mix of high-quality gastronomy as a way of showing Italian culture and lifestyle and a walking experience together with a local friend. This is the reason why we accept small groups only: we want to focus on a genuine exchange and give to each tourist the highest attention possible.
Please, note that the tour is always run in English, Italian and German, other languages upon request.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza del Municipio, 39100 Bolzano BZ, 39100 Bolzano Italy
That's our meeting point. We always choose the best dishes, aiming to introduce you to our traditions, suggest the best restaurants and make you live the best culinary experience ever.
Pass By: Piazza delle Erbe, 39100 Bolzano Italy
Our food tour starts with a traditional bakery. Here you will taste the famous "Laugenbrot", a typical South Tyrolean bread made by immersing bread rolls in a lye solution before baking; sometimes it is stuffed with cheese or the delicious Brezen
Pass By: Via Dr. Joseph Streiter, Bolzano Italy
Here we will visit a traditional Bolzano restaurant. Here, you can taste delicious canapés with speck and Bauernschinken.
Speck is uncooked, salted, and smoked pork that has been aged anywhere from six months to two years. It is incredibly flavored with a variety of spices that make it so delicious. Often served with the traditional bread types and pickled cucumber.
Bauernschinken is a cooked ham flavoured with the same spices used in the speck process, a unique and tasty cold cut.
Pass By: Via Museo, 39100 Bolzano Italy
In one of the most typical and delicious restaurants in the area, you'll taste the famous canederli, dumplings made of stale bread moistened with milk and bound with eggs and a tiny amount of flour. The mixture is often enriched with cheese and Speck.
Pass By: Via della Mostra, Bolzano Italy
Bolzano is also famous for its delicious desserts. In a famous "Konditorei" you will eat the typical strudel, the most famous dessert beyond our borders! It is a pastry made from a thin sheet of dough rolled up with filling and baked. Thanks to the incredible variety of apples this dessert is a true delicacy.
Pass By: Monumento a Walther Von der Vogelweide, Piazza Walther von der Vogelweide, Bolzano Italy
Here is where our tour ends, but not without a delicious coffee first!
Departure Point :Piazza del Municipio, 39100 Bolzano BZ, Italy
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Our tours are carried out in compliance with current regulations regarding the Covid-19 health emergency. Please follow the instructions given to you by our local experts and partner restaurant staff during the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.