Half-Day Delos Tour from Mykonos
Seize the opportunity to take a trip back in time and visit the island of Delos, the most famous and sacred of all islands in antiquity. According to Greek mythology, Apollo, god of Light - the sun, and Artemis, goddess of the moon, were born on Delos - infamous birthplace of Light, which the Greeks always regarded as precious.
We bring you to the heart of a destination that will mark an unforgettable experience for you and where you will be accompanied by an exceptional certified guide. An entire ancient city awaits. The visitors will have the chance to explore remarkable monuments such as the Stoa of Phillipe, the Propylaia, the Collosus of the Naxians and the Temples of Apollo before the last stop in front of the Sacred Lake and the eternal Naxian Lions.
The Museum has numerous exhibits from all the historical periods of the island offering the visitor the opportunity to get a glimpse of the island's unique history...
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round-trip boat ticket to Delos island
- Certified Tour Guide
- Wireless tour guide system (Very important note: Loss or damage of the receiver will incur a penalty of 50EUR)
What's excluded :
- Private or shared transfer to and from hotel or cruise-port (available on request at own expense approximately 8,00€ pp, each way)
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance fees to the Archaeological Site & the Museum,€12.00 pp(Payment in cash only, upon check in)
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Delos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Archaeological Site of Delos, 846 00 Greece
Upon arrival at Delos, your guide will issue tickets to the archaeological site to the group and offer an introduction to the mythological, prehistorical and historical background of the island. Then, set out to explore the narrow streets of the Hellenistic City, built in the 4th century BC, and see highlights such as the impressive house of Dionysos, the statue of Cleopatra, and some exquisite mosaics.
After a short stop at the House of the Trident, reach the Theatre of Delos and the public cistern of the city. Stroll down the main street to return to the market and the Sanctuary zone. The Stoa of Phillipe, the donations of ancient celebrities, the Propylaia, the Colossus of the Naxians and the Temples of Apollo are the monuments to be admired before the last stop in front of the Sacred Lake and the eternal Naxian Lions.
You will have time to visit the archaeological museum and the museum shop before returning to your boat.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Delos Tours, Kastro, Mykonos, Mikonos 846 00, Greece
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Mykonos Old Port, Unnamed Road, Mikonos 846 00, Greece
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please specify in Special Requirements upon booking if interested in scheduling hotel or port pick-up or drop-off
- Bring with you camera, spending money, water and sunscreen. Bring some local currency with you for souvenir purchases. You may find it helpful to bring a small backpack along to carry belongings and purchases. Photo ID is required if you make purchases with a credit card.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Suitable for cruise ship day stops
- Last minute cancellation or inability to disembark from a cruise ship, is not our company’s responsibility, therefore any refund requests due to such incidents will not be accepted. Should the client be aware of such a change, he/she is requested to communicate with our company more than 24 hours before the tour or activity starts, in order to discuss possible date or time amendment (subject to availability).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Refund requests for last minute cancellations (up to 24 hours before the tour or activity), for any reason, will not be accepted.
- Check-in time is 60-30 minutes before departure time.
- The booking voucher doesn't guarantee boarding the boat nor entrance to the archaeological site. Please make sure you arrive at the Delos Tours kiosk in the Old Port 60-30 minutes before departure time to check in and receive your boat ticket. Entrance fees to the Archaeological Site & the Museum, €12,00 per person are not included and need to be paid at the Delos Tours kiosk upon check in, in cash only. You will receive your ticket to the archaeological site when you arrive in Delos.
- IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTE: PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FACE MASK OR PROTECTIVE COVERING. IT IS MANDATORY.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The minimum number of participants required for the tour to take place is 8. In the unlikely case that the tour is cancelled because of low participation we will inform you accordingly so you can re-schedule or arrange for a refund
- Very important note: Loss or damage of the wireless tour guide system will incur a penalty of 50EUR
- Wheelchair accessibility only partially at Delos site.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Upon confirmation of your booking, you will receive a form to fill in and sign about our wireless tour guide system use and return policy. You have to print, sign it and have it with you when you arrive for check-in.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.