Half Day Morning Tour of Herculaneum from Sorrento
If you're just looking for a bite-sized tour, this half day gives us plenty of time to show you the ancient site of Herculaneum. A residential coastal town which has been superbly preserved due to the fact that it was covered in volcanic mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (max 50 seats)
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to Herculaneum € 13.00 per person
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Acheologico di Ercolano, Corso Resina, 187, 80056 Ercolano Italy
The archaeological excavations of Herculaneum have returned the remains of the ancient city of Herculaneum, buried under a blanket of ashes, lapilli and mud during the eruption of Vesuvius in 79, together with Pompeii, Stabiae and Oplonti.
Found randomly following the excavations for the construction of a well in 1709, the archaeological investigations in Herculaneum began in 1738.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Parco Lauro, Via Correale, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.