Half-Day: Private Tour to Kronstadt
Explore the northern shield of Russia and the maritime capital of the Russian Empire! Learn the history of the Russian navy on a fascinating tour of Kronshtadt, located on the Gulf of Finland close to St. Petersburg. Walk along the banks of Kotlin Island, visit the splendid Naval Cathedral and more.
• Discover the once closed district of Kronshtadt, St. Petersburg's main seaport and naval base
• Go to the splendid Naval Cathedral, and learn how it was used as a lookout
• Wander the streets to see 19th-century architecture and more
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request (additional charge may apply)
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - The Naval Cathedral of Saint Nicholas in Kronstadt
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kronstadt, St. Petersburg Russia
Kronstadt is a real pearl of war history of Russia. Founded by Peter the Great as a maritime fortress and naval base, Kronstadt once might have been a capital of the Russian Empire during the Great Northern War with Sweden. The port is ice-bound for 140–160 days of the year, from the beginning of December through April. A large proportion of the inhabitants are sailors, adding to the maritime atmosphere.
Located on Kotlin Island, 19 miles (30 kilometers) west of St. Petersburg proper, the city’s main seaport, it is also the traditional seat of the Russian Admiralty. The first Russian navy base amazing defence system was founded in Kronshtadt – the naval Maginot Line.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Naval Cathedral of Saint Nicholas in Kronstadt, Yakornaya sq, 1, Kronshtadt, St. Petersburg 197762 Russia
At the times of The Red Revolution drama Kronshtadt was a centre of rebellions, and the first anti-communist uprising in 1921 also happened here. During the trip you will visit the famous Naval cathedral with its magnificent both exterior and interior bearing no resemblance with any Saint Petersburgian church or cathedral.
Naval Cathedral of St. Nicholas is the main church of the Russian Navy. After several failed architecture competitions, admiral Stepan Makarov hired Vasily Kosyakov, a Neo-Byzantine architectural master, to design the church. Construction on the large Russian Orthodox cathedral began in 1901 and continued until 1913, when it was opened to the public and dedicated to Navy servicemen who died at sea. Though the cathedral was converted to a cinema, and later a museum of the Navy, it was eventually reclaimed by the church.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure and return point: your centrally located St Petersburg hotel
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.