Half-Day Small-Group Harbor Bike Tour in Rotterdam
Join this small-group harbor bike tour and sail away to Europe’s largest port. During this 3-hour tour limited to 12 people, you will bike through old, new and redeveloped parts of the harbor, seeing a very diverse mix of harbor activities. After biking, hop on a boat with the bikes to enjoy a nice and relaxing trip back to the city. The bike tour is a very dynamic, informative and active tour where you will really experience the harbor from up close with your guide. Tour is limited to 12 people and includes a bike, boat ticket, cool city map, and snack.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Use of comfortable bike with hand brakes
- Boat ride
- City map with restaurant and shop tips
- Rain poncho (if needed)
- Local snack
What's excluded :
- This 3-hour small group tour starts at Rotterdam Central Station at 10am, where your knowledgeable and fun guide will pick you up, and where you collect the bikes. In this dynamic 9.5-mile/15-kilometer tour, you will bike through the city and stop at the old city harbor Veerhaven, then continue biking through a tunnel under the Meuse River to end up in one of the most interesting harbors of the port of Rotterdam - the Waalhaven. This harbor is not only used for the transshipment of thousands of containers, but also many bulk cargo ships dock here to load and offload. Especially during weekdays this Rotterdam harbor is very active and there is much to see and explore.
You will bike between enormous container-ships and cranes, learn how the port is developing into the ‘smartest’ harbor in the world, and see massive bulk and salvage ships. Also on the list is an exploration of an old dry dock area, which recently has been transformed into a hub for research, design and manufacturing. Here you can learn everything about innovation in the port. See interesting sustainability initiatives and even find a little secret beach, with an ominous history, where the locals go for a swim in the Meuse. After biking, you'll board a boat taking your bike with you and enjoy a nice ride back to the city.
At the end of the tour, you'll ride back to your original departure point at Central Station arriving around 1pm.
Please note: Meeting time is 9:45am at Rotterdam Central Station. Your guide will be waiting for you directly outside the main entrance of Rotterdam Central Station on the big square. You will recognize your guide by a big blue folder on which Inside Rotterdam is written.
Departure Point :1e Blekerhof 26, 3011 CJ Rotterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended: Bring a bottle of water, wear comfortable clothing/wind-proof attire
- Operates in all weather conditions (except heavy rain) please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers per tour apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note: Biking distance is 15 kilometers/ 9.5 miles. You need to be of moderate fitness level. Your bike will be of good quality and will have a hand brake and gears. Various bike sizes available.
- Tour duration is approximately 3 hours. Do keep in mind that it might last a little longer. If you have any other plans directly after the tour, please tell the guide, so he/she can take this into account.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.