Half-Day Tour of Giza Pyramids and Sphinx from Cairo
Go back in time to the days of the pharaohs and spend some hours exploring the Giza pyramids. Discover a piece of world history and visit one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world on this private guided tour. Check out the iconic Sphinx and the Valley Temple of Mummification. With door-to-door transfers by an air-conditioned car.
- Experience the Giza Pyramids, one of the wonders of the ancient world.
- See the Great Sphinx and discover the legends and stories behind it
- Discover the Valley Temple, thought to have been used for the mummification process
- Take an optional camel ride on the plateau (own expense)
- Private guide ensures personalized service and attention
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottle of water during the tour.
- Pickup service from your Hotel by a private A/C. vehicle and return.
- Professional English speaking Egyptologist Tour guide.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the above-mentioned sightseeing.
- Tipping to the guide and driver.
- Lunch is optional in this tour.
- Entry/Admission - Giza Necropolis
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
- Entry/Admission - Great Sphinx
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giza Necropolis, Al Haram, Giza Governorate, Egypt
Egypt Gift Tours Egyptology guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo or Giza on time. Once you enter the Giza plateau area, you will be able to go very close to the Great Pyramid of Cheops, and staring at that massive structure, you will realize that your dream of visiting the only surviving wonder of the ancient world came true.
Your guide will provide you with historical insights into those 4600 years old tombs, how they were built and how long it took the ancient Egyptians to complete them. He will also give you enough time to take as many photos as you wish. You may like to enter the burial chamber of one of the pyramids (Extra Ticket).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Pyramids of Giza, Al Haram Str., Giza 12611 Egypt
Passing through the pyramids of Chephren and Menkaure, you will stop to click some photos of all the pyramids together. In that part of the Sahara Desert area, you will also have the chance to ride a camel, take nice clicks and have a lot of desert fun (optional).
You might also like to visit the sun boat museum (optional). In the year 1954, an Egyptian archaeologist found what we call now the sun boat which was made of cedar imported from Lebanon. Although the boat dates back to 4600 years, most of the wooden components are still in an excellent condition.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Great Sphinx, Al-Haram, Giza Egypt
After a short drive, you will find yourself at the feet of the fascinating statue of the Sphinx, the largest monolith sculpture in Ancient Egypt. This mysterious monument was carved to symbolize the pharaoh’s power and wisdom. The statue was also regarded as a guardian of the pyramids.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cairo, Cairo, Cairo Governorate
Finally, visit the Valley Temple where King Chephren (owner of the second pyramid in the area) was mummified and learn about mummification process. After this great tour, you will have the chance to go to a papyrus institute to see how the Egyptians produced this genuine artwork thousands of years ago.
Lunch is optional in this tour.
Finally you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo or Giza.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels in Cairo or Giza.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All Hotels/ Rental Apartments or Hostels in Cairo or Giza.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.