Half Day Tour to Manial Palace and Roda Island
A fascinating Egypt Cairo Half Day Alternative History Tour 1 is just for you, exploring the Turkish / Mamlouk influence on Egypt with is very underestimated. A visit to the first ever recorded ‘Nilo meter ‘structure which measured the level of the Nile in ancient times constructed through the Turkish dynasty.
- The Nilo meter - Roda Island Cairo
- Prince Mohamed Ali Palace and Museum
- There is an original Mosque with intricate details
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Assistance during tours
- Transportation in an air-conditioned mini-bus
- Small bottle of water
- Private tour with a private guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Manial Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- Any Item not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Manial Palace Museum, 1 Saray Street Manyal, Cairo 11511 Egypt
The Nilometer - Roda Island Cairo
Pick up after breakfast from your Hotel with your expert English speaking Tour Guide for your delightful Half day in Cairo visiting the spots often neglected by the Tour companies.
Situated on the southern tip of what is known as ‘Roda Island’, this historical structure is a unique insight. Called the. Nilometer’,it shows how the clever architects of the Umayyads period 715 AD known as the ‘Umayyads’, constructed this clever way of measuring the flow of water of the Nile and in which directions was best to take accurate statistics. The Nileometer was restored in 815 AD but was unfortunately destroyed by flooding in 850 AD.Today’s updated structure of the Nileometer was designed by Abdul Abbas Ahmad Ibn Muhammad from western Turkestan and a renowned astronomer of his time. He restored the Nileometer in 870 AD which was then once again restored finally in 1092.
The original structure of the building was destroyed during the occupation of France in 1825, so the origin a domed roof was replaced by its current pointed cone shaped roof. In the early days, the local farmers were taxed according to the level of the waters and how it irrigated the land. If the crops were flourishing, the taxes were increased. Once the completions of the Aswan High Dam and other Dams along the Nile, the Nileometer was not serving any further purpose.
Prince Mohamed Ali Palace and Museum - Maniel Cairo
After Tour 1,you will be transferred with your Tour Guide to the Maniel district of Cairo to explore the wonderful Gardens and Palace of Prince Mohamed Ali.
The first thing that strikes you on entering the main Palace gates, is the huge space and diversity of green open land with tropical plants, shrubs and trees and botanical area, all delicately cared for regularly.
The Palace was constructed in 1901 AD by the son of the Khenive Mohamed Tawfiq which was part of a long established reign dating from the Turkish royalty through to Egyptian. The Palace and Museum hosts 5 separate buildings, each hosting their own unique blends and styles with several aspects of design and architecture from Turkish, North African and European influences.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Loose/Light &colorful clothing in Summer Season (Month of May till end of October)
- Hats and Sunglasses
- Walking/Sports Shoes(comfortable walking shoes)
- Discover Egypt's history with your personal Egyptologist guide
- Visit the Manial Palace
- Bargain with locals at the Roda Islands
- 10.00 am
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.