Half-Day Tour to Totumo Mud Volcano from Cartagena
Climb inside the Totumo Volcano in an amazing activity near to Cartagena in one of the world's smallest volcanos and enjoy a relaxing soak in the warm mud inside. Some locals say the mineral-infused mud has healing properties. After floating in the mud, rinse off in the ocean nearby. Massages and photos are available. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included and a typical breakfast is included in tours that depart only in the morning, in the afternoon is including a typical snack, both count with drink.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Volcan de Lodo El Totumo (Mud Volcano)
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Centro Historico, Cartagena Colombia
Early in the morning we will pickup you at your hotel if you choose morning tour between 7:30 am and 8:30 am, please be on time to don't late the tour.
At the afternoon we will pickup you at your hotel if you choose afternoon tour between 1:00pm and 1:45 pm, please be on time to don't late the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Volcan de Lodo El Totumo (Mud Volcano), Santa Catalina, Caribe Colombiano, Cartagena Colombia
When the minivan go away the town, we will tell you some curious datas about Cartagena history and some tips to life a better experience at mud volcano.
The trip will dure 45 minutes in adress to Barranquilla, another beautiful city of Colombia, but we will not arrive there because the ville where mud volcano are, is Santa Catalina.
After that, we will arrive at volcno zone in a small restaurant where Mr. Santander will atender you. Here you must preparate to enjoy a unique experience climbing the 50 steps that srround the volcano; remember take old clothe with you to inmercing at volcano because mud can hurt delicate clothe, dont worry about mud, it can weird but give you a millions of minerals to your skin (some people says after that, you'll look like 10 years less hahaha, ¿can you belivie it?) anyway you only can figure it out going to this experience.
Inside the volcano you can flote thanks hig minerals are there, here are some locals who give you massage wiht a extra price ($2.00 usd),
Outside the volcano there is a guy who can take you photos wiht a extra price ($2.00) and this is the way they work avery day.
When swimm time finish you must go to lake for a shower, dont be shy because here, there are locals women who can help you to the shower for a extra price ($2.00). If you dont want use this aditional service just say not.
Before go back to the city, we will give you a typical breaksfast including juice at Mr. Santander´s restaurant. About 11:00 am we will back at city to let you at your hotel if you choose morning tour. About 5:00 pm we will back at city to let you at your hotel if you choose afternoon tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers at the hotel, so we need mandatory the location of your hotel for the pick up,please give detail information.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Swimsuit required inside the volcano
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.