Half Day Tuol Sleng Museum and Russian Market
Diverse and often leaving a permanent mark in your memory when seeing the capital’s extremes, Phnom Penh is a journey through a commercial-driven beehive of local entrepreneurs and walking through the dark pages of its past. Tattooed forever in the skin of Cambodia, the marks left by the Khmer Rouge regime are a must-see and no other place that the notorious Tuol Sleng Museum is where the atrocities of Pol Pot’s regime are almost tangible. The Russian Market stands out from the more modernized landscape yet what’s driving in its interior is something that tantalises your drive for some local shopping.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Single supplement charges for single travelers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, Corner of Street 113 & St 350 History Museum, Phnom Penh 12304 Cambodia
Pick up from your Phnom Penh hotel by your guide and driver and transfer to the Tuol Sleng Museum (Prison S21). During the Pol Pot regime, Tuol Sleng, formerly a high school (Tuol Svay Pre School) was converted to a detention center known as S21. After interrogation and often torture, prisoners were transferred to ‘Killing Fields’ where they were often tortured again and brutally killed. Today the building houses exhibit paintings and photographs of many of the victims. Visitors can see the crude cells built in the classrooms and the torture devices used to extract "confessions" in Stalinesque purges of the regime in the late 1970s.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Russian Market, Street 163 Corner of Street 444, Phnom Penh 12310 Cambodia
After this visit, you will spend time to shopping at Russian Market where you could find a variety of items for sale. The dome of this landmark in downtown Phnom Penh is something that can be seen from various parts of the capital. It is good for souvenirs such as “object d’art”, trinkets, coins and miniature images. A variety of watches and the shops with common grey market items are sometimes woven into this maze of small alleys and streets inside the market itself. You will also experience to eat Sticky Rice with Banana outside Russian Market
We return you back to your hotel either at around 12:00 hrs (in case you have chosen the morning tour) or at around 18:00 hrs if you decide to book this tour in the afternoon. The total duration of this tour is approximately 4 hours.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only city center Phnom Penh hotel. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Phnom Penh.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Koh Dach, Tonle Bati, and Oudong, any of the river and cruise ferry terminals and Phnom Penh International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads, small boats and cruise embarkation and disembarkation and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- To allow entrance into the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) in Phnom Penh, visitors are obliged to uphold a very strict dress code to respect the premises and the victims who lost their lives here. It is essential that you dress modestly and appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment.
- It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is not recommended for families with children under the age of 12 years old.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.