Half Day Umong Temple and Monk Chanting at Doi Suthep Temple ( Private tour)
We depart from your hotel at 02:30 p.m. to Wat Umong (Suan Buddha Dhamma) - Temple of the tunnels and Buddha Dhamma garden or Umong Temple. The temple's sitting in a forested area with a natural lake makes Umong temple an excellent place. You will learn and practice meditation in the tunnel about 10-20 minutes. If you prefer not to, you can skip. Then, we visit Palad Temple, Finally, we visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep or Doi Suthep Temple. Experience the monks chanting which is a very spiritual experience. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai city and its surrounding as sunset. A must visit !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Transport by air conditioned van / car with licensed Driver
- Private English speaking tour guide with TAT license
- All activities as mentioned in the program
- Drinking water in our car
- Travel accident insurance
- Entry/Admission - Wat Umong
- Entry/Admission - Wat Pha Lat
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
What's excluded :
- Your personal expenses
- All kind of alcohols & soft drinks
- Other optional tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off out side city area
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Umong, 135 Moo 10 Suthep Subdistrict, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
Temple of the tunnels and Buddha Dhamma garden - or Umong Temple located just west of Chiang Mai city near Doi Suthep mountain. The temple was abandoned during the 15th century. In 1948 the temple was restored and was reopened as a center for meditation and Buddhist teachings. The temple’s setting in a forested area with a natural lake makes Umong temple an excellent place for meditation. You will learn and practice meditation in the tunnel about 10-20 minutes. If you prefer not to, you can skip.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Pha Lat, Suthep-Pui Road, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
While most people head to the top of Doi Suthep to visit the golden chedi of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, many don’t realize there’s another gem hiding part way up the mountain. While it is not a particularly beautiful temple building, it features magical temple grounds including a waterfall, forest paths and stunning views of the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Doi Suthep 50200 Thailand
One of northern Thailand’s most important and beautiful temples, located near the top of Doi Suthep (Mount Suthep). It is place of worship, dates back to the year 1373 when the first Chedi was built. It is an important pilgrimage spot for the devout and is sacred site to many Thai people. Visitors can take the 306 steps staircase or ride on a cable car to reach the pagodas. Experience the monks chanting which is a very spiritual experience. Enjoy the magnificence of the temple with its Golden Chedi glowing and spectacular views of Chiang Mai City and its surroundings at sunset. A must visit!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :AP GOOD @ TRAVEL เอพี กู๊ด แอท ทราเวล, 114/29 หมู่ที่ 5 Tambon Mae Hia, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
AP Good @ Travel office or hotel in Chiang Mai City area only. Additional charges will apply for locations outside Chiang Mai city.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- You should dress appropriately, T - shirt with short sleeves and long trousers is perfect for Temple tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotel name in chiang Mai City for pick up
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.