Half-day Van Phuc Silk Tour from Hanoi
The ancient craft of silk weaving remains a rich tradition and way of life for many Vietnamese. This tour takes you to a village near Ha Noi that has been one of Vietnam’s prime silk weaving locations for over 1000 years. Watch how it is made then get the chance to purchase silk products at a fraction of the retail price.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Van Phuc Silk Village
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as: shopping, telephone, beverage, etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Van Phuc Silk Village, On the Nhue River, 10 Km Southwest of Hanoi Old Quarter, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
We will pick you up from your hotel for a 45-minute car ride heading North-West of Ha Noi to Van Phuc Silk Village. This well-known village is traditionally associated with silk weaving in Ha Dong. The craft of silk weaving was started over 1000 years ago in Van Phuc and remains a rich tradition to this day. This village is located on the bank of Nhue river with the main gate named “Van Phuc Village”. You will take a peaceful stroll and enjoy an ancient view of a Northern Vietnamese village, with communal houses, fish ponds and ancient banyan trees all alongside modern houses. Then, we will visit the families for whom silk production is a way of life. Watch as we learn the stages of producing handmade silk: from spinning and gluing, through weaving and finishing of the silk wares. Afterwards, we will visit the shrines of the village where the first masters are worshipped. The patterns are always decorated with the symentrical ways. The decorated features are soft, generous and delicate
Duration: 4 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hoan Kiem, Ba Dinh, Hai Ba Trung District
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.