Hands-On Cooking Lesson with a Professional: Cook in a Local Home in Arembepe
You will join your host Ida in her large, open kitchen where she will teach you to make her version of seasonal Brazilian food. During your cooking experience you will learn to make 2-3 dishes. If the weather is good, you might cook on her brick churrasqueira (brick oven) in the backyard, situated next to the ocean!
Ida is a private chef and runs a small café in the beach town of Arembepe. She loves Brazil’s incredible edible diversity and is always eager to share her deep knowledge about local ingredients that are even unknown to many Brazilians. Ida can also prepare excellent vegan food, so just ask if you have a special dietary request.
This is an incredible opportunity to learn about the country's cuisine from a local professional and get a glimpse - and a taste - of authentic Brazil!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Ida
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Ida’s Bahian cooking is richly flavored with coconut milk and dende (palm oil). She is a seafood lover and gets the freshest fish from the fishermen who bring the catch in right near her house. You might start with a sampler platter of raw local fruits and vegetables to introduce you to the flavors and then prepare galinha moqueada (seasoned, wood-roasted chicken served in a spicy broth, this dish can also be made vegetarian with tofu replacing the chicken), arumadinho (fresh fish wrapped in a banana leaves and roasted on the grill, served with salad, cassava, black eyed peas, fried bananas and fried green onions), ensopado de carneiro (goat stewed with a variety of spices and vegetables), moqueca (typical Brazilian fish stew flavored with palm oil), seafood ceviche, clams steamed in beer and broth or beiju (tapioca crepes stuffed with a variety of sweet and savory fillings).
Join Ida to learn about Brazilian culture, local fruits and vegetables and prepare a delicious Bahian meal your taste-buds will thank you for!
• Beiju, tapioca flour crepes stuffed - with grilled plantains, fresh local cheese and shredded beef
• Roasted corn chowder with seafood or chicken
• Organic green salad - with avocado, nuts, fresh local cheese and pink pepper with miso-olive oil dressing
• Fresh, local-caught fish grilled in banana leaf
• Cocada, a sweet local dessert made with grilled coconut
Departure Point :Arembepe, Camaçari - State of Bahia, Brazil
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into an Arembepe home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Brazilian culture and cuisine together.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.