Hands-on-Science: Snorkel and Monitor Rays on a beautiful beach!
This is a one-of-a-kind activity where you will have the chance to become a scientist for the day. Learning how to fish and spot the 24 different types of rays found on our water, and helping to measure, weigh and tag them, you will end up with unique knowledge, experience, and photographs that you will not find anywhere else!
You will also be able to visit some of the most beautiful and not very touristic beaches in Costa Rica, enjoy the nature found under their waters and out of them, not to mention have a typical Costa Rican dish, practice your Spanish and have a cultural exchange.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Species-Identification guide & learning experience
What's excluded :
- We offer a half-a-day snorkel tour where you will help Equipo Tora Carey's team on ray research on the beaches of Punta Descartes!
You will be taught how to fish and spot rays, and you will help to measure, weigh and tag them. The tour includes a species-identification guide, snorkeling equipment and a typical Costa Rican lunch at a local house. Not to mention the hands-on-science experience, the gorgeous reef life you will see and all you will learn :)
• Casado - It is a typical Costa Rican dish. It has rice, beans, a green salad, plantains, and meat or chicken.
• Pargo Entero - A typical local dish. It is a fried fish with rice, beans, and green salad.
Departure Point :El Jobo, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/19/2019 - 10/22/2021
Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.