Hang En Adventure Cave Camp
Note: We are closed for this tour until 1-Jan-2020.
During this time, our staff will enter the cave to clean up and prepare for the new tourist season.
Hang En Cave is the world’s 3rd largest cave and is quickly becoming one of the must-see natural wonders in Vietnam. Its size will blow you away, and our campsite located within the cave beside a lazy river, will leave you speechless. You’ll examine fascinating fossils in one part of the cave over 300 million year old, and around every corner be subjected to the most picturesque views.
Hang En is one of our famous caves that has been featured within National Geographic, The New York Times, Lonely Planet, Dailymail UK and recently on Good Morning America, in front of over 6 million audience members, as well as in Pan (2015), a blockbuster film distributed by Warner Bros. Entertainment (Hollywood).
per adult from
What's included :
- Camping gear: tent, camp light, sleeping bag
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, gloves
- Dry bag (for clothing and personal belongings excl. electronics)
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunches, breakfast (day 2), dinner (day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter team to carry all camping gear and prepare all meals
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water purifier (used only by guide and porters) and water bottle
- Basic camping facilities with eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only
- Secure Storage Facility at Oxalis Headquarters to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- DAY 1: Phong Nha - Ban Doong Village - Hang En
Start your ultimate adventure with a pickup from your hotel in Phong Nha between 7:30 am and 8:00 am and a short transfer to Oxalis Headquarters. Learn all about safety collect your gear and sign our Release Form before driving 45 mins through the National Park to reach the trail head. At 10:00 am, leave the road behind for the jungle.
A steep jungle hill starts the journey, with a refreshing river at the bottom. Hike through rich primary forest to reach the Ban Doong minority village, where a hot cup of tea welcomes you. Feast on a picnic lunch which takes place shortly afterwards at about 12:30 – 1:00 pm, near the river. Then it’s back into the jungle, through rivers and streams, and along the river valley until Hang En lays on the horizon.
Enter Hang En around 3 pm, and take a quick rest as the porter team sets up camp on the beach within the cave. For the next couple of hours, complete the adventure by preceding the rest of the way through the cave to the breathtaking exit, a scene made famous in the film Pan. Return to camp through the dry passage to the viewpoint high above camp, where 300 million year old fossils can be seen. Enjoy your downtime relaxing or swimming in the natural pool before a sizzling grilled dinner is served, complete with rice wine and the sounds of swifts overhead.
DAY 2: Hang En - Hang Lanh - Phong Nha
Awake at 8:00 am for breakfast and pack up your belongings. Depart camp at 9:00 am to leave Hang En. Take one last look at the entrance, almost hidden amongst the jungle and then trek 1 km along a riverside path with several river crossings and upstream to Hang Lanh entrance. Arrive around 10 am, and spend the next two hours exploring the first km of Hang Lanh, which has earned the name “Cold Cave” for a reason! This is a 4 km long wet cave with magnificent formations, a cold river inside, and many rare fossils.
Have lunch with your group from 12:00 – 1:00 pm, and then it’s time to start the journey home. Trek for the next hour along a shady path through the river valley. And then from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, make your way up the hill to the pickup point, where our driver will be waiting to take you back to civilization. Return to Phong Nha between 4:30 – 5:30 pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located in Phong Nha town
Departure Time :7:30 daily from Dong Hoi and 08:30 daily from Phong Nha
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of shorts and t-shirt to wear at camp site (warmer clothes in winter)
- 1 sun hat in summer
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 pair of flip flop (sandals) for campsite
- 1 medium size towel and swimwear
- 1 -2 pairs of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Medium size backpack (25 L) for your water bottle, personal belongings and provided caving helmet
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.