Hanoi by Night Photo Tour
Explore the excitement of Hanoi in low-light, capturing the bustle of evening life around some of the city’s most intriguing landmarks. We start out at ancient O Quan Chuong Gate, in the beating heart of the city’s Old Quarter, before exploring the vibrant streets nearby. Then we’re high above French-built Long Bien Bridge, shooting traffic and trains as they cross the Red River. From here, we head over to Ba Dinh Square, where Ho Chi Minh once read Vietnam’s Declaration of Independence, and now a popular evening gathering place for local families. We photograph the atmospheric lowering of the Vietnamese flag in front of Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum by Uncle Ho’s white-uniformed guards. Last stop is Huu Tiep Lake, final resting place of an American B52 shot down during the war, and the perfect spot to work on our long exposure game. It all makes for an unforgettable evening exploring a photographer’s Hanoi.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional photographer guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Old City Gate, 56 Hang Chieu Dong Xuan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
After pick-up from your hotel, we head straight out to Hang Chieu Street, which passes through historic O Quan Chuong Gate. The gate is a perfect backdrop for capturing moving light trails from traffic passing through. We will cover the camera settings required and explore composition from a fixed position using a tripod.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Long Bien Bridge, Tran Nhat Duat Street, Hanoi Vietnam
We then set off on foot in the surrounding area, capturing shop keepers, pedestrians and motorbikes whizzing by in the early evening. Different shutter speeds and aperture settings make for creative and fun street photography while we head to a cafe with a fantastic view overlooking Long Bien bridge.
Time for some nightscapes overlooking Long Bien Bridge while sipping local Vietnamese coffee. From our vantage point, we capture the traffic lights streaming across Long Bien Bridge over the Red River and explore more long exposure settings and compositions.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, 2 Hung Vuong Ba Dinh Square, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
We take a short taxi ride to Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum to photograph the changing of the guard, a photogenic moment, as marching soldiers parade past the illuminated mausoleum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Huu Tiep Lake and the Downed B-52, 55 Hoang Hoa Tham Ngoc Ho, Ba Dinh, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
Another short journey by taxi takes us to a very local neighbourhood behind the mausoleum. We walk along the tiny alleyways to Huu Tiep Lake, the innocuous final resting place of an American B52 Bomber shot down during the war. Here we shoot the street-lit lake, with the B52 wreckage as our subject, and our focus is on long exposure shots with a moody atmosphere
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- No health restrictions apply
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.