Harlem Sunday Morning Gospel Tour
Spend Sunday morning in Harlem, the ethnically diverse borough of New York. You'll join a local church congregation and experience the soul-stirring power of gospel music on this special visit to one of New York City's most vital neighborhoods.
per adult from
What's included :
- Harlem tour
- Walking tour of residential sections
- Gospel service
What's excluded :
- Meals (unless brunch option is selected)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Apollo Theater, 253 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-4408
The symbol of the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s, the Apollo is still the place to perform in Harlem.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Morris-Jumel Mansion, 65 Jumel Ter Washington Heights, New York City, NY 10032-5360
Manhattan's oldest house, somewhat of an aberration in the modern neighborhood of Washington Heights, served as a command post for George Washington.
Pass By: Strivers' Row, W. 138th and W. 139th Sts. between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Frederick Douglass Blvds. Harlem, New York City, NY
W. 138th and W. 139th Sts. between Adam Clayton Powell Jr. and Frederick Douglass Blvds., Harlem, New York City, NY
Pass By: Cotton Club, 656 W 125th St, New York City, NY 10027-2302
World famous nightclub and restaurant
Pass By: Sylvan Terrace Next To Morris Jumel Mansion, New York City, NY 10032
Aquaint and unexpected cobblestone street of 19th century wooden rowhouses.
Departure Point :690 8th Ave, New York, NY 10036, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Church services may be held in the Bronx, however the tour will still cover the Harlem itinerary
- Shorts and tank tops are not allowed to be worn on this tour. Harlem Spirituals Inc. reserves the right to refuse clients improperly dressed and will not refund the service
- Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South in the United States. Today it has become a highly sought after cuisine. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and chicken, freshly cooked corn bread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
- Guests are invited to take walks through the neighborhoods visited. The average walk is about 15 minutes.
- With advance notice, wheelchair bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. It is mandatory that someone accompany customers with special needs to assist them onto the coach.
- For passengers with no mobility or a non foldable wheelchairs we recommend giving at least 3 weeks notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift.
- Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as our lift may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large sized electric chairs. A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus.
- Many of the churches that we visit have steps. In order to accommodate their wheelchair bound congregation members churches use portable mobility ramps.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.